Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Christmas Eve

"Ahh! I can't believe that it's already Christmas Eve!" Kylie squealed as she barged into my room, making me laugh.

"Yeah, I know! I can't believe that it's almost been a year since I came to New York," I said, smiling even though I was suppressing the memories as to why I came to New York in the first place. Kylie grinned.

"Oh my god, I know! I'm really glad that you came here," Kylie said, giving me a hug. "But anyways, it's Christmas Eve! We need to make cookies and place all the presents under the tree," Kylie said excitedly.

"Okay, just let me get showered and I'll meet you downstairs in about thirty minutes," I said. She nodded before leaving my room and closing the door behind her. I headed into the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth before turning on the water in the shower to hot. I hopped in when steam formed in the bathroom. I took a long shower, making sure to thoroughly wash my hair and body with my rose and vanilla scented shampoo and soap. I hopped out, wrapping my damp body in one of the fluffy white towels.

I walked out and into my closet, rifling through my clothes. I chose a pair of comfy Christmas inspired snowflake and stripes leggings, an oversized white knit sweater, and a pair of white knit boot slippers. I sat down at my vanity, where I quickly blow dried my hair. I didn't want to curl it, so I settled with leaving it straight. I decided to just apply a small amount of mascara.

I exited my room and headed downstairs to the kitchen, where I saw two little girls from the pack and Kylie.

"Hey guys," I said.

"Finally, you took forever!" Kylie exclaimed dramatically. I just laughed, shaking my head.

"It's been less than thirty minutes!" I said. She just shrugged. The two little girls looked back and forth between Kylie and I as we spoke. They both giggled, drawing our attention to them. I crouched down so that I was at their height. They were obviously twins, considering that they looked basically exactly like each other except for their eyes. They both had long straight black hair, cute little noses, and light pink bow shaped lips. The only difference was that one had green eyes and the other had blue ones. I smiled at both of them, and they both gave me toothy grins.

"Hi, what's your names?" I asked them both. The one with blue eyes spoke.

"I'm Sapphire, and this is my twin sister, Jade," she said. 'Huh, that's easy enough to remember,' I thought to myself.

"Those are very pretty names, my name is Eden," I said.

"Thank you, your name is very pretty, too," they said in unison, making Kylie and I laugh.

"How old are you guys?" I asked. They both held up five fingers.

"Five years old!" They both said in unison again. Kylie and I laughed.

"Are you guys going to help us make cookies for Santa?" I asked them, and they nodded their heads excitedly.

"Yeah!" They both said happily.

"They're Dylan's little sisters," Kylie explained. I nodded, remembering that Dylan had told me about them once. It's kind of odd that I'm meeting them just now though. When I looked at them, I noticed the similarities. They all had the same raven's black hair, tan skin, and bow shaped lips. Dylan had blue-green eyes which was one of the only differences.

"Okay, then let's get started!" Kylie said, making both girls cheer. Kylie and I both helped the girls make the dough for the sugar cookies, and then they used cookie cutters to make various Christmas shaped cookies, like Christmas trees, stars, angels, teddy bears, and Santas. While they were doing that, Kylie and I quickly made gingerbread cookie dough and used gingerbread men cookie cutters. Kylie and I then placed all the cookies onto cookie trays and put them into the oven.