Chapter 27: And That's My Fault...

*Before I start this chapter I just wanted to address something. As most of you probably know these diary entries are seen in other books similar to this. These are not my original creations, and I am not trying to take credit for them. I mostly chose them based on if I understood references or if I agreed with content on it. In my second chapter I stated that "I only own the story line" which is a hundred percent true as I wrote the storyline myself, I do not own the characters or the diary entries. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the 27th chapter of The Secrets of a Nation. Let's get into this, shall we?*

(Norway's POV)

After asking for a chat Sealand brought me into one of the unused waiting rooms. We both settled for sitting on one of the sofas, which were surprisingly dusty. "So Sealand, what did you want to ask me?" I asked him curiously. Despite his confidence before, the micro nation began fiddling with his fingers.

"I-it's just-" he began, his voice sounding strained, "last night Denmark came to our room." My eyes widened a fraction but I did nothing to stop Sealand, so he continued. "He-he came in crying saying he messed up, a-and he said that you didn't want to see us anymore, and that you didn't love or-or c-care abo-out u-u-ussss." It wasn't long into the micro nation's explanation before he burst into tears.

Startled I quickly pulled the younger into my lap, trying to calm down his desperate cries. I felt his hands grip tightly into my shirt like it was the only thing keeping me there and I felt my heart lurch. At that moment as I sat there calming down Sealand, a feeling of unnameable emotions swirled amongst my heart. Never in my life had I felt so lost and unsure about what to do.

(Japan's POV)

It wasn't long before Lukas and Sealand joined us again. Sealand was happily holding onto the oldest hand, smiling up at him with utter joy. However, even as Lukas smiled back at him, the smile never fully reached his eyes. The young micro nation sat at our table for today and enjoyed talking with the other nations. While Sealand was distracted I leaned over to Lukas and whispered, "we're talking after the meeting." Before I leaned away and joined the conversation like nothing happened.

Soon everyone began the cycle of filing back into the room for another reading session. Today Denmark was reading. As he opened the book I noticed that we were already. More than halfway done with the book. I couldn't begin to imagine what would happen when we finally finished it.

Putting those thoughts aside I looked over to Lukas who refused to look toward Denmark, or any of the nordics besides Sealand for that matter. This was weird as he always gave his full attention to whoever was reading. I decided to take note of this for our later conversation before turning to our reader.

Dear Diary,
I'm not as angry and sullen as everyone thinks. I act that way to draw attention to myself, because it's the only way I can get noticed when Italy's around.

By now everyone was aware who this entry was by. It seemed that Romano had a lot more secrets than most bothered to pay attention to. The Italy brothers themselves had some tension that seemed to be building up, becoming more apparent as time continued.

Dear Diary,
I'm not as happy as everyone thinks. When I'm alone I cry. Once someone saw I was crying, but I didn't say anything. My country won't let me marry him. I wish I could change that. If only I could, even if I'm happy with him either way. Germany...

My heart lurched. There was an idiom that goes, "the opposite is also true." This entry helped prove that. I saw Romano and Italy both glance at each other sadly. Like they just realized the person they called brother wasn't their real brother. At least, not completely.

Romano and Prussia actually get along quite well. Both are to proud to refer to the other as a friend, but they can understand each other in a way other nations can't connect to them: They're both considered the less important half of the nation they represent.

(Italy's POV)

It was as if I had just been hit in the face with cold water. I retracted unconsciously. My heart lurched and shriveled in dismay. I looked to my side and noticed Germany having the same problem as me. Desperately, I looked toward my brother, searching, for anything. When I was met with nothing but a closed off barrier, built with haste I let my head drop to stare at the floor.

Romano would never admit it; (he knows it would hurt Italy and Spain) but he's accepted the fact that he will, one day, disappear...

The last statement rang out through the room. I could feel the silence all around me. With it came the doubt, the hatred, the overwhelming feeling of despair. I could feel it winding around me, trapping me, suffocating me. Before I knew it water began a gradual stream down my face. Before I could register it my body stood up, pushing the chair with a screech. Before I could react I was leaving behind one of the only things I've ever loved behind me.

I didn't know where I was going...

I didn't understand what I was doing...

My mind screamed at me a mile a minute. To turn around, to keep going.

My thoughts became jumbled, I wasn't sure of what to do anymore... I wasn't even sure if I deserved to be this upset anymore. I was being so over dramatic. I didn't deserve to cry. I always ran away from my problems and always let others deal with them for me. I never took the time to learn my brother behind the mask...

I never took the time to be there for him....

I never took the time to tell him how much I loved him....

And that's my fault...

*and that ladies and gents was the 27th chapter of The Secrets of a Nation. I hoped all of you enjoy, and I'm glad to see you guys making friends in my comment section. Anyway, sorry for the long wait and I'll see all of you next time, Bye!*