Chapter 3-Sky High

External narrating...

The Alarm beside Williams' bed beeped. He woke up to sweet smells coming from the kitchen. He gets ready for school which is this very morning. After brushing his teeth and have a refreshing bathe he heads downstairs. His mind was only on Azulea. He stands by the kitchen entrance.
"Good morning Father," he greeted MrDeaver who turns around to greet him.
"Good morning son! Are you ready for school?"
"Yeah!"
"You don't sound that confident!"
"Really! I'm ready!"

His father serves breakfast for him. It was a cheese sandwich with homemade fries and a cup of hot chocolate.
"Isn't this something you serve for lunch?" Williams questioned while taking small bites.
"Just eat it up and besides it's delicious."
"No! I think you were so pityful to the salt that you didn't put any on my fries."
"Oops!" He disappears to the kitchen and return with the salt jar. Williams add some on his fries. He spends the next fifteen minutes eating his breakfast.

After they both headed outside. His father owned two vehicles now after selling the Rav 4. A voxy and a Honda Accord.
"We're taking the voxy today," his father says. He enters the mini bus. He was neatly dressed in his uniform. His father enters the mini bus starting the engine and driving down the street.
"Hey Dad! What's the name of that school I'll be attending?"
"I think it's Sky High," he responded.
"What kind of name is that?"
"I have no idea but look at the bright side you will be enrolling in a fine school."
The traffic on the road wasn't much today even though it was a Monday morning. The school was a 30 minutes drive from the house. Williams played with his phone all through the drive. Soon the school came into view.

Now remember this is Jamaica not America. Williams read alot about America but he was from Kingston. He always dreamt of living there. The name of the school was curved into a sign at the front of the school. The school was painted in brown and yellow. It was like a massive mansion. A series of buildings were joined together. Many different flowers were at the entrance. Students were heading into the school in groups. Williams was anxious about school. He prayed silently to make new friends.

Williams and his father departed the mini bus. They entered the school and was directed to the Principal's office. MrDeaver knocked on the red and white door.
"Enter!" They pushed the door and entered the room.
"You must be the new student,"The Principal said.
"Yes! I'm his father. MrDeaver." MrDeaver shoke hand with him.
"Please take a seat, I'm Mr Clarke." Mr Clarke had a document in his hand. It was Williams' file.

Williams' POV

"Here is your time table and your form teacher will give you all the information you need to know. I hope you do well," Mr Clarke said.
"Thank you sir," I said taking the items from him.
"You can manage on your own right?" Dad questioned.
"Yes Dad! Not to worry," I assured him.
"Bye then."
I surveyed the time table. I was in 9s. Each class spelled out "Sky High". I managed to find the class. According to the time table school didn't start yet. I had 6 periods daily along with Lunchtime. Since no one was in the class as yet I just sat down waiting. It was 5 minutes to eight and school would start at 8:05.

Suddenly an adult enters the room.
"Hello," she called.
"Hello Mrs," I responded with a respectful smile,"I'm new here."
"Well sorry to have kept you waiting,"she apologized.
"It's nothing. Where's the rest of the class?" I asked.
"Not here yet," she responded taking a seat at her table.
"As you can see on your time table-what's your name?"
"Williams!"
"Yes Williams! You have 4 periods between the hours of 8-12. Then Lunch time and 2 more periods. One from 1 to 1:30 and 1:30 to 2. The evening periods are shorter. All the teachers will come to your class. Only a few selective class you will go to," she informed me.
"Mrs! What's your name?"
"My name is Mrs Thompson,"she said. I heard the bell ring and students start piling in. They quickly take their seat.
"Good morning class!" Mrs Thompson said.
"Good morning Mrs Thompson!"
"Ok! This morning we had a new student. His name is Williams. Please take good care of him. Treat him well. He's from Kingston but isn't good with patios."

There was 5 rows. The first seat in the 3rd row was unoccupied.
"Take that seat there," Mrs Thompson instructed me . I sat down. She started a discussion but I zone out. I was curious about what Azulea could be doing at this very moment. As the first 4 periods went by I noted that not much of the students made efforts to communicate with me. If they tried it would be in patios. I was born in Jamaica but due to my dad I hardly learnt anything but English. I struggled to understand what they were saying around me. The first 4 periods were Mathematics, Business, Survival and English. Survival was a new class to me. It was very interesting. There was a little forest behind our school and we and the teacher,Mr Joseph go out there and practice survival.

At 12:05, the bell rang for lunch. The English teacher departed the classroom and we headed to the cafeteria. In the cafeteria,there were 20 tables with 5 chairs at each. I ordered something in the line. It was Pizza. I was served and I wondered where I would sit. Since I didn't make any friends yet then I didn't know where to sit. As I stood there looking somewhere to sit,a few boys from my class called me over to their table.
"Hey man have a seat," one of them struggledly say. It was like they had a hard time speaking English. I sat down. Three of them were at the table along with me. They smiled unpredictably at me.
This was were the drama began.