Chapter 5: The calm before the storm

“Hey babe I’m back,” Leighton called out as she walked down the light cream coloured hallway, past the two bedrooms, bathroom, laundry and into the study and sure enough Eli was sitting at his cluttered desk marking papers.
Most houses were decorated in bright colours although Eli’s was the opposite and consisted of light cream colours and Leighton didn't mind it; she actually preferred it.
“Hey did you have fun?” Eli asked as he stayed focussed on the paper he was marking.
“It would have been better if you were there,” Leighton replied as she entered the room and wrapped her arms around Eli’s chest.
“You know I can’t.”
“I know, I know you’re not meant to date your students,” Leighton sighed in frustration as she nuzzled her face into his neck. He always smelt amazing and Leighton could never get enough of his cologne which was dark and sexy.
They had been dating for eight months, and had practically been living together for the last four weeks. Leighton’s friends were the only ones that knew, and by some miracle had managed to keep it a secret.
“You do understand don’t you?” Eli asked as he felt her warm breath on his neck. It sent shivers up and down his spine and he had to force himself to focus on the terrible paper in front of him. He had no idea how the student graduated from high school let alone got into college.
“I do but I hate it I mean it’s not like I’m a high school student. I’m an adult and I should be able to date whoever I want; student or teacher,” Leighton vented before she moved her lips closer to Eli’s cold neck.
Over the past eight months Leighton had gotten used to his cold skin which was due to poor circulation, or so he told her. Leighton had no idea that he was really a vampire or that his real name was Elijah.
Elijah had first seen Leighton 16 months ago and quickly became a part of her life; first by becoming her new mythology teacher, and second by becoming closer to her personally. He couldn’t let his brother Klaus ruin another doppelganger’s life and he also couldn’t let Klaus make more of his hybrid army.
“Rules are rules,” Elijah replied. He was glad their relationship had to be kept a secret. He wasn’t meant to feel anything for Leighton. He was just meant to pretend that he cared for her.
“Well rules are also made to be broken,” Leighton smirked before she placed a small kiss on his neck leaving him wanting more.
Elijah hated how much he needed Leighton and how attached he had become to her. The last time he had feelings for a doppelganger called Katherine it ended in disaster and she had turned out to be a selfish bitch that only cared about herself.
“Not all,” Elijah replied as he tried to stay focussed on the awful assignment he hadn’t finished marking yet, but Leighton was making it impossible as she slipped her warm hand under his button up shirt.
Leighton wasn’t like Katherine; she was the complete opposite which is why Elijah had fallen in love with her even though he had promised himself he wouldn’t. He couldn’t resist her charm and beauty and he was a slave to his emotions in the end.
“You’re not an easy man to seduce,” Leighton whispered into his ear. She hadn’t planned on having the cliché romance with her teacher, but Elijah was impossible to resist.
He was smart, charming, reliable, sensible, honourable, attractive and mature; everything that 20 year old guys weren’t.
“I thought you liked a challenge?”
“I do,” Leighton smirked as she kissed a trail down his neck, and ran her hand up and down his torso under his shirt.
“It’s a wonder how I get anything done with you around,” Elijah replied as he gripped Leighton’s arm and pulled her into his lap. Even though she looked exactly like Katherine he saw Leighton differently. There was no part of Katherine in her; not even a fraction.
Her beautiful brown eyes were warm and filled with kindness unlike Katherine’s. Her brown wavy hair was sassy and fierce like her personality and her smooth fragile skin practically glowed with innocence.
He hadn’t tasted her blood but he knew there would be no words to describe its sweetness, he could smell it pumping around her body under her skin. It was tempting but he couldn’t do that to Leighton. She trusted him and he loved her.
“If you’re too busy I can come back later,” Leighton smirked as she happily sat on his lap and rested her hands on his chest. She knew he could only resist her charm for so long.
“You’re not going anywhere,” Elijah held her face between his hands and she smiled in response. At first his cold touch would almost make her flinch but Leighton got used to it.
“What about your work?” Leighton questioned as she inched her face closer to his and wrapped her arms around his neck.
“It’s going to have to wait,” Elijah ran his hand down the side of her face. He loved how soft her skin felt under his touch and how warm the blood pumping through her body made her skin feel.
“I love you Eli,” Leighton smiled as she rested her forehead on his. Just being near him gave her the good kind of goose bumps and sent sparks flying all around her body. Being with him was almost intoxicating; she couldn’t get enough of him and when they were apart she would always think about his perfect lips, the way his eyes lit up when he saw her and the way her heart skipped a beat when he touched her.
“And I love you,” Elijah replied before he pressed his lips against hers and wrapped his arms around her small waist.

“So this is the house?” Elena asked as she, Damon and Stefan stood out the front of the flashy apartment. It was on the outskirts of town and it stood alone, surrounded by nature and wildlife. The closest neighbour was miles away.
“Yep but I wouldn’t go in there if I were you,” Stefan replied sounding bored. He was wishing he hadn’t called Elena. He couldn’t stand the sight of Damon and Elena together.
“Why not?” Damon asked intrigued.
“She’s with her boyfriend,” Stefan tried to hide the malice from his voice but he was jealous that he hadn’t found Leighton before Elijah.
“So? I need to talk to her. Leighton needs to know that her life is in danger and that she is just a walking blood bag for Klaus who wants her blood to create more of his hybrids,” Elena replied frustrated before she started to walk to the front door although Stefan grabbed her arm and pulled her back.
“What do you think you’re doing?” Damon asked as he grabbed Elena from Stefan’s grasp.
“You don’t want to do that at least not yet. Trust me.”
“Why not? And why should we trust you when you are keeping us in the dark?” Elena asked.
“Because her boyfriend is . . .” Stefan started.

“Is?” Elena asked. Dhe was starting to grow beyond irritated with Stefan and his games.
“Please tell me it is not Klaus! I’ll stake you myself,” Damon snapped. If Klaus already had Leighton than they were too late and there was no reason for them to be there.
“It’s not Klaus.”
“Then who is it Stefan?” Elena asked.
“It’s Elijah. Leighton is safe for the moment; you need to catch her out of school when she isn’t with Elijah. Be smart Elena!” Stefan urged. He knew he couldn’t do it on his own. He needed their help to get Leighton away from Elijah.
“Why is Elijah playing house with Leighton?” Damon asked confused.
“I don’t know. I haven’t asked and I don’t really care.” Stefan lied. He wanted to be with Leighton. It was finally his chance to be in love again. He knew it the moment he laid eyes on her.
“So Elijah is Leighton’s boyfriend and you didn’t think to bring that up when you were on the phone to Elena?” Damon asked frustrated. He knew Elijah wouldn’t want their help; there was no point in them being there.
“I didn’t think it would matter,” Stefan shrugged.
“Does she know what Elijah is?” Elena asked.
“No she doesn’t.”
“Why the hell are we here?” Damon hissed and got in Stefan’s face. He was beyond pissed.
“Because she needs to know she isn’t safe with Elijah. Leighton needs to be as far away from the originals as possible; all of them,” Stefan replied.
“Well this is just great; Elena lets go. Paris is waiting for you,” Damon started to head back to his car.
“No she has to know,” Elena refused.
“So what . . . We kidnap her and take her away from Elijah; he will probably kill us before he lets that happen in fact he is probably listening to use right now,” Damon replied. He just wanted to leave; he didn’t see the point in sticking around since Leighton had Elijah to protect her.
Stefan used his vampire hearing to spy on Elijah and Leighton and he felt his jaw clench instantly as he heard the commotion and noises coming from the house. “I highly doubt he is listening,” Stefan tried not to grind his teeth but he couldn’t help it.
“I know we can work together; she has to know Damon. I can’t leave I’m sorry,” Elena replied and ignored Stefan completely as she focussed on Damon. Elena couldn’t do it without him.
“Fine but if Elijah starts threatening you we’re gone or I’ll just stake him myself and then we’ll leave,” Damon smirked.
“Deal,” Elena agreed and Stefan rolled his eyes in boredom. He was definitely regretting the phone call to Elena.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
I’VE included the link to the R-Rated version of this chapter in the external link.
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX