1. The Beginning

I stumbled into the dark cave, hoping for someone that could help me. I was dying... I felt as if my heart would literally explode from my chest! It hurt so bad! I felt as if I was about to black out. That's when I saw her, a beautiful dragon, holding a mystic ball. "Help... Help me... Please!" I cried out, in a voice so quiet, that I'm surprised she even heard me.The dragon slowly walked towards me, seeming to judge my every move. I collapsed, just as she had finally reached me. "That's one nasty curse, you have there." She stated. Well, duh! I'm kind of dying from it here! I thought to myself. "Help me... Please!" I managed to get out. She waved her hand over me, and then I blacked out.

When I finally woke up again, I was laying on the hard ground of the cave, and the pain was gone! Did the dragon help me? I asked myself. I slowly stood up, and noticed the dragon laying on the ground, barely breathing. I ran over to her and quickly sat beside her. "What happened!?!?" I asked. She took a breathe and began to explain that she had cast a spell to save me, she told me that in order to save me, she had to take the curse onto her own person. When she was done I began to sob, "Why would you do that for me!?!? I am merely a demon, and one that has done many bad things in the the portion of my life I have lived..." I asked her in a hurry. Her simple reply came within her last few breathes of life, "Because my days were numbered already.... And I could tell that you once had a good soul... Please... My only request... Is that you take my two children.... And care for them with your life..." And with those words her eyes closed, and I watched as the beautiful aura that had surrounded her, disappeared...

I sat there crying for a moment, before slowly standing up and finding the two children that she had mentioned. "Hello?" I asked with a shaky voice, as I saw two sleeping figures, a little bit larger than me. Both of their heads rose from the ground, simultaneously. I then noticed that the two dragons were twins, they were completely identical, except for their opposite colours, one mainly black with white highlights, and the other mainly white, with black highlights. They were absolutely beautiful! I stood there in awe for a moment, before the dragon that was mainly black spoke, "Who are you?" It asked me curiously. "My name is Ashlynn Winter-Rose Adabel, your Mother has...." I had no idea how to tell them that their Mother is dead. "What?" the white dragon worriedly asked. "She has... died..." I told them, about to burst into tears again. The white dragon crawled over to my left, the black dragon doing the same on the right. "Momma is dead?" the white dragon asked. "Y-yes." I responded quietly. "Are you our Momma now?" the black dragon asked as they circled around me. "Yes, I am. What ummm... What are your names?" I asked a little more confident, trying to change the subject. "I'm Jinxx!" said the black dragon. "And I'm Ariel!" exclaimed the white dragon.

It's like they completely forgot about their Mother! I guess that's a part of being so young... I thought to myself. But my thoughts were interrupted by the young dragons nudging up against me. "Huh?" I was slightly startled by them. "Mommmmmmmyy!" Whined Ariel. "Y-yes?" I responded, slightly startled by the fact that she had called me 'Mommy'. "I'm huuungry!!!" she began to whine, "Me tooo!" Jinxx joined in. "Alright, alright!" I exclaimed "You guys want some fish?" "Ooooh! Yes!!!" They both yelled excitedly. I then began to walk out and find a river, not using my demon speed so they could keep up. "So what was your Mother's name?" I asked, treading lightly, hoping not to upset them. "Her name was Mysteria.* Ariel answered, just as we reached a river. Then Jinxx dove into the river and surfaced from the water with a mouth full of fish. Then Ariel jumped in after her, doing the same. They both swam back to shore, beginning to eat their fish. It was so cute! But I knew that their obliviousness wouldn't last long, for this world is a cruel one....

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////o\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

They were such cute little things back then. But now they've grown up now, and learned what a cruel horrible world we live in. Yet, they still accompany me, on my Search for the Dragon's Sword.