Metal

"The group calls themselves 'Las Chemas'," Fury stated, "They were led by Luis Fernando Tamayo Garcia in the 70s, originally based in southern Colombia

"The group calls themselves 'Las Chemas'," Fury stated, "They were led by Luis Fernando Tamayo Garcia in the 70s, originally based in southern Colombia. They've been idle from 1998 when most of them got put in jail after a massive bust, although we have every reason to doubt they stayed that way."

All agents looked at each other, each one of them very familiar with the Cali cartel in some way or another. The massive group that started out as nothing but a handful of kidnappers had used the ransom money they extorted from their victims to fund the beginning of their drug cartel empire. They established themselves in New York City in the early 70s and at one point in time, controlled over 90% of the entire world's cocaine market.

Over 15 tons of the stuff was confiscated by the cops at one point and still, they made an estimated 7 billion dollars worth of profit back in 1996.

Even after some of the heads of the organization had been arrested, convicted, and taken to federal prison where they would spend the rest of their days, they continued to expand their empire one city at a time, until they were finally taken down by the DEA in their longest, most costly investigation to date. 

"We have reason to believe they're back where they started," He continued, "Kidnapping civilians for ransom to get funds they need to restore their drug empire to its former notoriety. The names of some of their biggest players have popped up on the black market recently, and three abductions have already been reported in Waco, Albuquerque, and Cincinnati. They spread out, but the modus operandi is the same in each case. "

"Jesus," Clint Barton leaned back in his chair, "I don't suppose you're just giving us an informative history lesson."

Fury shook his head, lifted the pointer, and clicked to the next slide. A photo of a middle-aged man popped up on the screen, smiling at the camera while holding up a large mouth black bass. 

"Neil Adams, 57 years old. Used to work as a stockbroker from the late 90s until the early 2000s. Changed his career path to IT from then until the spring of 2017. He's retiredThey, the old fool couldn't stay off the dope, and hung around some bad folk." 

Fury clicked. A photo of eighteen-year-old Janie smiling in her graduation gown popped up. "This is his daughter, Janie Adams. Twenty-four years old, studies forensic pathology at NYU, lives by herself. Good girl, never got into trouble. We have no reason to believe she has anything to do with her old man's shady practices."

"What happened to her?" Bruce Banner asked as the lot of them looked at her picture, taking in her appearance, memorizing her face and distinctive features.

"She was kidnapped seventy-two hours ago. Her old man received a ransom video, it's all over the damn news. Three guesses about who made said video. I want this to be a quick one, in and out. Cap takes the lead, I want Barton to scout the premise. Nat, you're in with Rogers. Banner, you stay on the jet," Fury shut off the video he'd pulled up, "She's gonna need a doctor and a shrink once we pull her out of there."