C H A P T E R | 3

^^^ GRAYSON <<<333

-------------------------------------

After taking a small nap, I ran down to the infirmary to Grayson's room. He was eating, so this should be a good time. "Hey, Rora. What do you need?" I smiled as the nurse left, then I rushed to his side.

"I found my mate-"

"WHO?!"

"He's a prisoner named Zaryn and he's so hot!" I gushed. He moved the tray of food, then crawled up onto the bed as I sat at the edge.

"How did you meet him?"

"Mom made me count the prisoners a few days after the attack and he was just there. I went to see him this morning too- But I had to sneak out and you're the only person who knows so shut your mouth about it." I blushed hard,

"You haven't even told mom or dad?"

"No, dad got mad at me when I first went down to the prison."

"O... kay. Uh. My best bet would be to keep seeing him AFTER you tell mom and dad-"

"I can't! They won't accept our bond!"

"Aurora, listen. They have no choice but to accept him. It is your choice if you want to stay with Zander-"

"Zaryn."

"Whatever. But this is YOUR mate and if they still don't accept it, tell them off." He sighed,

"I'm scared though." I whispered.

"You have to tell mom at least. I don't know about dad, but mom would be more understanding." He rubbed my arm.

"I guess... I'm just scared. I don't want them to take him away."

"Do you know why he's a prisoner?"

"No, nobody knows."

"Strange." He took a deep breath. "But what will you do when mom and dad find out?"

"Die." I joked,

"I'm serious. This is the future King we're talking about."

"I'm so worried though. It's embarrassing to tell them."

"Rora, once I get out of the hospital bed, I'll go with you. I'll only be here for another day." He hugged me, then punched my shoulder. "Now leave, I'm tired."

"Fine, my Princess,"

-

After supper, mom went out to buy some stuff at a mall, so I was left home with my dad and brothers. As soon as I plopped down on the couch to watch TV, dad got on a phone call, so the TV was muted. I sighed and reached over to the snack bucket beside the couch, pulling a bag of Doritos out.

"Dad!" One of my brothers ran in, so I turned and shushed him.

"I'll call you back in a few hours- Don't forget about training." My father sighed, then faced Jonah, "What?"

"When's supper ready?" He asked, causing my father to groan,

"Whenever mom gets home. Now, Rora, what do you need?"

"I just wanted to talk about mates-"

"Okay, Jonah. Out." My father turned to me as I ate chips. "What do you want to know?" He asked.

"I just want to know how... Like... What it felt like to meet mom." I saw him exhale, then smile.

"Uh, she was probably twenty and I was thirty. She came to the castle for a meeting and she was so fit and sexy, her hair up in a ponytail, her dimples were huge. Uh. My heart it... it actually stopped. She had a boyfriend, but that's a different story. All I wanted to do was hold her and talk to her. Her eyes lit up with gold as she went to touch me- but when she did touch me, sparks everywhere. When we first had sex- that was the absolute best feeling you could imagine. It was like-"