I'm Your Clutch

Takes place in between Books 2 and 3. Asami tries to adjust to life, from an awkward Mako to a budding friendship with Korra.
————————————————————————

"Miss Sato?" Her assistant's voice interrupts her thoughts. "Are you alright?" Asami sighed.

"No. I am not alright, Lee. Please leave so I can cry in the private sanctity of my office." Is what she wanted to say. Instead she said:

"I'm fine Lee. I just need a moment." Lee seemed to sense her discomfort and quickly left with a mumbled 'of course.' She was about to slam her head into her desk, but the door swung open and slammed into the wall loudly.

"LEE, I SWEAR I'LL FIRE YOU IF YOU DO THAT AGAIN!" She didn't want to look her assistant in the eye and instead focused on berating him with her face planted on her desk.

"Who's Lee?" Asami shot up to see Korra holding a plastic bag in her hand, seemingly terrified of Asami's scolding just a few minutes earlier. "Should I leave? I'm sorry Asami! Illgoleavenowillneverbotheryouagain!"

Korra's words slurred together in their speed as she tried to leave.

"Wait, Korra!" She stopped her bumbling to meet Asami's eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"Bolin told me you haven't left your office in days. I wanted to pay you a visit. Also, brought lunch." She waved the tantalizing bag in front of Asami with a crooked smile on her face.

Asami tried to offer a weak smile in return as she rubbed her red eyes. Korra's features suddenly were woven in concern.

"Hey, are you okay?" Asami sniffles at the question.

"No, not really, why?" Korra narrowed her eyes and scoffed at the question.

"Because you just said you're not okay. C'mon 'Sami, spill." Asami huffed at the nickname and request.

"Without Varrick, I no longer have a partner that can handle the shipping to other nations. I'm just out of ideas and so tired." Korra sighed as she took a few steps into the office.

She grabbed Asami's soft hand in her own, and Asami felt her cheeks warm at the feeling. Korra pulled her up to her feet and pulled her out the office.

"C'mon, let's go to the park. That'll clear your head." Asami let the avatar guide her out the building to an awaiting Naga.

"Korra, I have to work on an efficient proposal for shipping Satomobiles outside the Republic." She whined as she started to resist the avatar's grip. Korra huffed at this.

"The only thing you have to work on is your appetite, c'mon." She ushered Asami towards Naga.

"Wait, if we're going somewhere. Let's take the car." Korra raises a brow at this. "This way I can get your driving lessons done and have a break at the same time."

Korra sighed, a smile forming on her face once more. "Y'know you don't have to keep your promise on driving lessons. I already have Naga." Asami dismisses this, as they approach Asami's satomobile parked in the lot.

"Nonsense, I keep my promises." Asami settles in the passenger seat, while Korra sits on the driver's. She swears she hears Korra mutter 'She's way too good to me' as she revs the engine. The words warm her as she buckled her seatbelt.

"Okay, lesson one commence!" Korra narrowed her eyes in determination, as Asami laughed at her expression.

"Korra, can you start driving already?" Asami teases the blushing avatar as she struggled to move the stick-shift.