~Chapter Four~

"You, my friend, are insane." Says my supermodel of a best friend, Julianna Holland. She stabs a piece of lettuce from her salad and takes of delicate bite out of the corner. "If I was in your position, I would just take the F and move on with life. I mean, Mr. Kim is bad enough during class, but I can you imagine what spending the afternoon with him is like while he talks about his stupid cat, Mr. Ziggy?"

"Mr. Ziggles." I correct her.

She rolls her big blue eyes. "Whatever. I'm just saying this seems like a crap load of worry about something as stupid as homework. Why can't you just get it back from who ever stole it from you?"

I sigh. "Because, Jules, I don't know who took it, and it's gonna take a while to figure it out. And as for taking an F, you know I could never do that. Especially not this late in the semester. Dartmouth doesn't accept anything less than---"

Julianna cuts me off in mid sentence. I wish people would stop doing that so much. "Yeah, yeah excellence, I know. It's only the hundredth time you've mentioned that." She teases while ruffling my hair. I swat her hand away.

"Hey! Not all of us are as follicly gifted as you." I say referring to her silky brunette hair that was always somehow perfect. "Some of us actually have to put an effort into how we look."

Jules rolled her eyes like I was being silly, but it was true. She was the most beautiful girl in the junior class, maybe the school even. She had it all . . . a killer tan, shiny hair, pretty eyes, a flawless complexion, and perfect body too.

It was hard to imagine that she was friends with me out of everyone she could hang out with. She claims its because I'm smart, funny, and "am pretty in my own way", but I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think I was ugly, but I sure wasn't on the same level of beauty as she was.

Julianna gasps and I raise my eyebrows. "What?" I ask.

She grabs my shoulders, turns me around, and points to a boy with honey blond hair. "Doesn't Jordan Reed look so hot today?" She asks while giggling like crazy. I roll my eyes. Figures she would freak out at something as stupid as a guy.

"Um, sure?" I say, while trying to return to my half-eaten turkey sandwich.

Jules sighs dreamily and rests her head in her hands. "If I had a guy like him on my arm, my life would be complete."

I take another bite out of my lunch, and take a double-take on this guy she has been in love with ever since fifth grade. He wasn't even that great. Sure he was definitely handsome, from the fit body down to his deep chocolaty eyes, but I knew better. Not only was his chance at graduating only so-so, but he was the biggest player in the school.

"I don't understand why you don't just ask him out." I say. 

Jules rolls her eyes. "Oh c'mon, hes a senior. He wouldn't go for someone like me."

I sigh. Drama Queen.

"Have you had Mrs. Winwood's class yet?" She asks. I shake my head. "Ugh, your gonna hate it. She assigns this huge project that is due in like, two weeks."

I groan. "But we just finished one five days ago. Can't see give us a break already?" Before Jules can answer, the bells rings. I say goodbye to Julianna and head off to Mrs. Winwood's Honors English Class.

                                                             **********************************

Before I go to English, I decide to make a quick detour to the lab to check the computer registration list. I look at the times and it seems that only four match up with the same time I was on.

1.) Kenton Shwartz (He was the freshman from earlier who sat next to me. I cross him off the list because I remember seeing that he was on his e-mail at the time.)

2.) Jordan Reed (I'll admit, I'm not too sure that he knows how to work a computer, let alone break into one. But you never truly know a person.)

3.) Luke Ferros (Ugh, figures he was on at the same time. He was definitely very good with computers, so he's number one on my suspect list as of now.)

4.) Asher Donovan (I don't remember exactly who he is, but his name rings a bell. I'll make a note to look him up in the student directory later.)

I glance up at the clock and curse. I'm gonna be late for Mrs. Winwood's class if I don't hurry up.

This day just keeps getting better and better.