Chapter 1

Okay. Since I'm walking through the hallway of hell might as well deal with it.Besides, I'm on the third year of the worst four years of my life, what could possibly go wrong?

Darn, I'm totally losing it.

Why does summer have to end so I don't have to be in this miserable place?.

Calm down. Breathe. Inhale. Exhale.

Then, a guy bumped into
me, hard, that I fell flat on my butt.

Ouch!

The ones who saw it laughed. I ignored them and looked up on the guy, a freshman from my neighborhood. He just smirked and then continued walking.

I stared in shock. UN-BE-LI-EV-ABLE.

There goes the first blow. Seriously, why does it have to be me?

As I'm about to get up, I saw a hand held out to me. I looked up and saw Tracy Evans, my best friend and probably my only friend in this freaking jungle. Though I have to admit, we're totally different. We have different tastes in almost everything. Add the fact that she has blonde, straight hair and blue eyes while I have dark brown curls and brown eyes, totally boring but she always tells me she looooooves it and it's unique (note the long O there). What can I say? It's in the genes. Miraculously we do get along pretty well.

" Hey Gabby, you okay? " she asked, looking concerned, as I took her hand and got up.

" Hey Trace, " I started coldly " 'fine. Just let it go. " We walked and went to my locker. I entered my locker combination, gathered the books I need and put it in my bag.

" What's with the face? " she asked.

When she sensed that I wasn't going to reply she sighed and said " Don't tell me this is about ' it '. Again. "

" What about? " I asked, feigning innocence.

" Your about being at the bottom ' of the food chain '. " she said, a matter of factly.

I described the cliques at school as " The Food Chain ". The " In " at the top and the " Out " at the bottom, which includes me by the way. Being a total geek at school, it feels like I'm being swallowed by " them ". They don't even look at me in the eye but their mere presence makes me suffocate, crush, burn, sweat, pee, poop, whatever.

" Yes." I admitted, then I added with a scary voice and looked at Tracy in the eye, "They are the cannibals and they are eating us. Alive. "

" Ew. I hate it when you do that. It's totally creeping me out! " she dramatically said and I rolled my eyes. " Stop being all doom and gloomy. "

" Stop being all dramatic. " I said back. Then, she grabbed my shoulders and shook me.

" Stop shaking me! " I told her and she let go of me.

" It's the first day of school Gabby, you should be happy! " she said enthusiastically.

" Yay, " I said sarcastically " but unlike you I don't have a reason to be 'happy' about. "

Just as I said it, Tracy's boyfriend, Jason Scott, is coming towards us.

" Speak of the devil. " I sighed.

" He's my devil. " Tracy said and I rolled my eyes at her cheesiness.

" Hey babe. " said Jason, planting a kiss on Tracy's lips, making her blush and making me roll my eyes, again.

" You're seriously doing that in front of me? " I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Tracy narrowed her eyes on me and Jason just laughed.

" Hi Gabriella "

I glared at him but he just smiled. He knows that I don't like being called by my full name but he keeps on calling me that. He's seriously pissing me off. If he's not Tracy's boyfriend I would've kicked his ass.

Calm down. Breathe. Inhale. Exhale.

" How was your summer? " Jason asked me.

" Good." I replied " Just stared at my room's ceiling, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. " Oooohhh heavy sarcasm. Jason just shook his head in response.

" Gabby " Tracy said.

" What? " I asked. She sighed, totally pissed off by my attitude.

Uh-oh. . . Got to be a good girl now.

I turned to Jason and said " I had a nice summer. Thank you. "

Tracy just rolled her eyes " Come on Gabby, lighten up. You shouldn't be like this. School just started and you're already in a bad mood. "

I smiled sweetly and said " Go away love birds. Fly "

" You're so mean. " Tracy said with a pout and Jason looked amused.

" Yep. " I said still smiling.

" Come on Trace, let's just go. " Jason said " We don't want to ruin her mood. " then he laughed.

" Yeah, you do't want to ruin my mood. " I said, fake smile still there.

Tracy sighed " Fine. See you at second period. "

" Yep. " I said, still smiling, and watched them walk away, then the smile quickly vanished.

I'm not really bitter. No, seriously. I'm actually happy on what Tracy has right now despite of me being mean, according to her.

Jason is one of the decent guys you could ever find in this school not to mention he is at the " Top " of the food chain, you know the " In " crowd. He's quite popular because he actually plays for the basketball team and he's friends with " them ".

How can he be friends with them? Anyhow, he treats Tracy well and makes her happy that is why I'm actually cool with him. So why am I acting like this?

It's because of stupid him, his stupid friends, his stupid girlfriend, his stupid. . .

The bell rang, interrupting my thoughts.

I sighed.

This is going to be a long day.

***

Hey guys! So this is actually my first time to write and publish something... Hope you like it!! :) Write some comments please and vote if you want >;< Thank you hehe

picture of Emma Roberts as Gabriella Stone on the side ---->

-chubbychubs