Part 1: Honey

Diary.

 I loved to watch momma collect honey nectar. I was amazed at how calm the bees' were reacting, whenever my momma would collect the honey nectar. My momma told me that real soon I'm gonna be able to do the same thing. Boy I sure can't wait 'til that day comes !

Reality.

" Maibeline, what are you laughing about " smiled my momma. I awed her, she looked so beautiful in her Sundress, I once told momma that she looked like one of them models in those " Life " magazines. But she just laughed, like she always does.

  " Nothing momma " I lied, while I hopped off my bed. I grabbed her hands and turned on the " Phonograph cylinder ". " Now, what's this all 'bout " laughed momma. " Dance, with me momma, dance with me " I smiled.

Momma and I danced to the " Blue Moon ". 

Soon after a while, pa came in the house. " Now what's this here loud noise 'bout " he yelled across the hall.

Momma and I stopped dancing, an she rushed to turn off the music. 

" Oh, hush your mouth Wilbert, it ain't nothing that serious to be hollering 'bout " smiled my mother.

" Don't you tell me to hush " he responded back to momma.

I rolled my eyes; which I know that if I were to do it and somebody saw me I would get a licking or two ( getting hit with belt ) I said " Pa dance " !

Momma turned back on the music and I was dancing with Pa.  It only took a minute or two to get my pa swinging with momma. I ran to get my little brother Nicholas.

" Come Nicholas " I smiled while I picked him up towards my room !

Nicholas and I were dancing, mama, pa, Nicholas and I we were all dancing. I took the opportunity to  take a picture of mama and pa dancing together.

___________________ 

Dinner.

Mama had been making something that smelled real good in the kitchen, earlier, and I wanted to taste it ! My momma always would tell me that if I have sweets before dinner the monster from the movie " Frankenstine " would find me and eat me ! So I learned better.

But still what ever she was baking smelled really good. As I was playing with my " Flossy Flirt Doll " I heard the sound of glass being dropped. I ran into the kitchen and saw pa helping mama up. " Now you sure you're alright " caringly asked pa ?

" I'm fine, I'm fine " she told pa, while waving her hands. " That, damn pan was too hot " she sweered.

" And that's why I tell you to be careful and to wear the mittens, so you won't burn yourself or break something " said pa, while helping mama up.

Pa looked upset, mama grabbed pa and gave him a hug and then peck on his cheek. " I'm alive, I survived " she said. Mama saw me from the corner of her eye and said " Don't worry honey, all is good " ! 

I skipped back to my room grabbed my doll and then went to see what Nicholas was up to . 

" Roar, roar, roar " roared Nicholas. " You, bet you best be terrified of me. I'm a monster. Roar " he yelled.

I laughed and sat next to him. He looked up to me and then stared at my doll and then looked up towards me again. " DOLL " he roared and used his toy truck to scare my doll. I joined in. " Oh my what shall I do, I've got no place to hide " I fakely screamed. I got up with my doll and ran around Nicholas's room while he chased me " Oh no my dinner is getting away " he roared again !

" Dinner's ready " yelled mama.

Wanna hear a secret, the best thing about dinner is when pa ain't looking and if ma cooked brussel sprouts I could give them to my dog. But don't tell mama, she always says it's a waste. While pa tells me that it's a waste of perfectly good, farm made brussel !