Ch. 6

Blake's P.O.V

What I'm feeling right now can't be described. The reality of the situation just hit me; I'm going to the carnival with Olivia. With the company of Cassie, of course. That should be interesting. I'm too excited to even think about it right now. I remember that Cassie is next to me so I turn to her.

"Thanks Cassie." I say. I don't really know why I'm thanking her. I guess I'm just thanking her because she got Olivia to go with us.

"For what?" She says confused.

"For being super awesome."

She thinks about my answer for a second. "Okay!" Is all she says before she leaves the hallway and goes into the living room. I shake my head while laughing. I go to grab my backpack that I left in the living room.

"I'll be upstairs Cassie." I say to her. She is playing with her new doll.

"Okey dokey." She says before returning her attention back to her doll. I make my way up the stairs. I feel like I'm on cloud nine. Olivia and I are going to hang out! I will get to know her better, she will get to know me better, we'll laugh and have a great time; I'll make sure of it.

I'm about to walk into my room when a hand grabs my shoulder and pulls me back. I drop my backpack from the surprising grab. Before I know it I am thrown into Josh's room. His room is adjacent from mine.

"What the heck, man? What was that for?" I say. I look at Josh, waiting for an answer. I can see the witty look in his eye.

"Did you ask her out?" He says, surprisingly calm. I have no clue what he is planning in his mind, but from the looks of it, it isn't going to be good.

"Why?" I ask just to be safe.

"Answer the question Blake." Now he's getting impatient.

"I'm not sure if I should. You seem to be creating some kind of a masterminded plan and it's almost...creepy."

"Okay, do you want me to ask you the question in a funny tone? Did you ask her out," he clicks the top of his mouth with his tongue, "or nah." He says with a chuckle. There's the Josh I know. He still has that look in his eyes but I let my guard down anyways. He's my friend, what could possibly go wrong.

"Fine, I'll tell you. No, I did not ask her out." I finally say. I was going to tell him about the whole carnival situation when he interrupted me.

"I knew it! You are very lucky you have me."

"What are you talking about? You didn't let me finish anyways. I didn't ask her out formally, but I did asked her if she wanted to come to the carnival with me and Cassie." Now it was his turn to be confused.

"How did Cassie get involved in this?" He asks.

"Long story short, she walked in when I mentioned the carnival and she convinced Olivia to come with us." I reply back. The look in his eye returns.

"Well, then, I guess my plan isn't completely down the drain." What was he talking about?

"What plan?" I have no idea where this is going.

"I have a plan that's going to help you get the girl of your dreams, Olivia." He raises his hand and arches it over his head like a rainbow when he says the word "dream". Josh is certainly a man of dramatic effects.

"I don't need any help, thank you very much." I say. Do I really need help? I mean having a fake ego at times helps, but on the other hand she does see me for who I really am.

"You're hesitating. I can tell. Come on man, let me help you."

"I think I'll be fine." I say before starting to get up. I'm halfway across the room, on my way to the door, when he pushes me back. I stumble and land on the bed.

"I don't think you're fine. I know you like the back of my hand. You're my best friend. I know I can be a jerk at times, but let me make it up to you. I will help you ask Olivia out." Josh says. He is actually being sincere.

"I don't know Josh..."

"Come on. I know you aren't that confident because of your past. You still haven't told me your past, and I respect that, but I know that it hurts you. Let me help you." I feel bad because everything that he is saying is true. I haven't told him about my past whereas with Olivia, I basically spilled my heart and soul out to her. I should tell him. I mean, we are best friends.

"Alright, you can help me." I start. I see Josh get excited and decide to continue. "But only if I ask for it. Okay?"

"Yes! Let's do this!" He is really crazy. He is excited to help me ask out Olivia. Only best friends do that.

"DDDDIIINNNNNNNNEEEERRRR!" Cassie yells at the top of her lungs.

"Yes! Now it's time to eat." Josh is about to open the door. Now it's my turn to cut him off. I jump off the bed and leap in front of the door; blocking him.

"Blaaaaaake." He starts to whine. "I want to go eat."

"Do you want me to tell you my past? You're like a brother to me. I think it's time I tell you." I say. Josh just blankly stares at me. He's absolutely flabbergasted. After all these years of denying him and everyone else entry into my past, I'm finally going to tell him. If he says yes, of course.

"Look, Blake, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"I asked you didn't I?" I smirk at him, trying to lighten the mood. The atmosphere in the room stills seems to be tense, though.

"Alright, but can we do it after dinner? I'm starving!" He says laughing. He places his hands on his stomach and continues. "I'm pretty sure if you listen closely, you can hear my stomach rumble."

"Okay. Let's go eat." We finally open the door only to be met with the fabulous Cassie. And by fabulous, I mean fabulously loud. Cassie just happens to be standing directly in front of Josh's door when she starts to yell again.

"I said....DDDIIINNNNNNNEEEERRR!" She yells out into the hallway. Josh and I both cover our ears.

"Cassie, we're right here." Josh says to her. Luckily for us, Cassie was yelling out into the hallway, not at us otherwise we probably would have gone a bit deaf. She screams really loud when she wants to.

"I know! That's why I'm calling you guys to come and eat. You're right here." She got us there. Josh gets an evil look in his eye.

"Why you little!" Josh says. Cassie screams and tries to run away but Josh is too quick. He picks her up and starts to tickle her. He continues this all the way down the stairs, filling the entire house with Cassie's laughter.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N

TWO UPDATES IN ONE WEEK?!? WHAT WHAT! 😱

Hey everyone, I know this is a short update but I got some news.

First of all, I got an iPad last week and I think I finally got the hang of the keyboard stuff.

With that in mind, I can now update more often! I will most likely be updating every Tuesday or Wednesday plus a weekend update (Mostly likely Friday or Sunday for the weekend update).

Anyways, I got some really good stuff coming. Or, at least, I hope it's good. Do you guys like it so far?

Lastly, would you guys like a chapter in Olivia's P.O.V? I have something in mind for it but I don't know if you guys would like the idea.

Tell me what you think! I really appreciate your comments. Thanks!

-JessiDivergent