Lost With One Direction

Chapter 1

“Flight 42, now boarding,” a smooth female voice spoke through an intercom.  My nose was in a book, so it took a moment to break from the fantasy and snap back into reality. I cleared my dry throat with a sip of cool water, and stood up, grabbing my carryon bag and heading to the boarding area of flight 42.

I was going to Aruba for a two week  stay with my father. He and my mum had divorced two years ago, and he moved to Aruba to work as a marine biologist there. I hadn’t seen him since, and as a birthday present he sent me plane tickets to see him. I was thrilled, for all of the pictures he sent me of Aruba and what he spoke about it, the small island seemed like a wonderful place to visit and even live.

A lady dressed in a jet black suit and two-inch high heels took my ticket, and directed me to the lower class area of the plane.

I heard her speak to a lady next to her, and whisper, “When are they coming?”

Who were they? Terrorists? A zookeeper? I laughed as I imagined a monkey jumping around the airplane. Curiosity engulfed me about who they was, but I pushed aside the thought, and recalled the events of the story I was reading, and the hike my best friend and I had gone on two days ago, and how we encountered a cougar. That had been a fright.

I easily maneuvered my way around the plane and found my seat. It was right next to the window. I loved window seats. Watching the swirling clouds shift shapes and the azure sky always soothed me.

Taking the book out of my carryon bag, I grabbed my bottle of water and trail mix as well. My trail mix was a mixture of nuts, raisins, and mostly M&Ms. The whole mixture was contained in blue plastic wrap.

I ate a few nuts and M&Ms, and then took a swig of water, and started reading my book once again.

A few moments later, a masculine voice asked me, “That a good book?” Whoever asked it had a British accent. I looked up at them. They had a navy blue beanie on, and sunglasses.

“It’s great,” I responded, reverting back to reading. I looked up a second later, and there were five of them near me.

“Where’s first class?” one of them asked. He was British too. The same boy whispered something in the flight attendant’s ear, and she flashed them a bright smile. Clapping her hands together, she led them to where I guessed first class was.

Huh, I thought. Brushing aside the thought, I continued being caught up in this spectacular book.

*

“What would you like to drink?” a sweet voice asked me. A lady with her hair in a tight bun, and a black suit pushed a cart to my seat.

“Uh, Coke,” I told her. She handed me a clear, plastic cup full of a fizzing brown liquid. I took a sip, and then, everything went wrong.

The cup was knocked out of the holder I had placed it in. Everything started rattling.

What the…

I peered out the window, and saw the wings of the plane were falling apart. Fear shot through me, paralyzing my thoughts, my actions, everything. I dropped my book, and felt faint.

“Ma’am, is everything okay?” a flight attendant asked.

Just then, the plane started plummeting.

And the screaming began.

I gripped the back of the seat in front of me, digging my fingernails into the material. I was holding on for dear life. Some people flew out of their seats, hitting their heads on the top of the airplane with loud bangs. It was as chaotic as a war. Me, along with others, grabbed our breathing masks, clasping them over our faces. I saw the left wing of the plane break off, and a chunk out of the right side released, plummeting into the ocean below us.

Please, please tell us we won’t crash in the ocean, I prayed. I said a mental prayer, trying hard not to hyperventilate. There were screams, and blood everywhere, and the plane was falling apart, and would soon hit the ground.

And then I blacked out.

*

What'd you think? This is just an introductory chapter, so stay tuned.

~Chey x