Blood for Perfection

An article from Destine News Online, February 15, 2304:

Dr. Tuyen Lavan, Vietnamese medical doctor of the Paregal society, has been witnessed harassing and abusing his wife within his own laboratory. Further using her for a deadly science experiment involving Toxamma. Investigators would implore citizens of this region to take extra precautions and safety measures, especially when alone...

A smirk formed on my lips as I finished reading the article on my reading device. My mission was complete. The world was now cleansed of the evil that tortured its soul. If only its inhabitants could accept the favor I had done them. Angela Lavan. My sickeningly adoring wife, whose red hair enraged me so. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that her elimination was necessary and crucial to Earth's survival as it was. After all, people with red hair were evil and their very existence was corrupt. Now that each and every one of them was gone, the world was perfect.

I sat back in the black leather chair of my study, immersed in the joy her death brought upon my spirit. There on the desk before me sat the syringe which contained the deadly poison of Toxamma that had killed her. Murdered her. The poison of which I was genius enough to create, ha! The whole world was under my spell too that I was the most "intelligent and prestigious man on the planet", which had been the title to the news article that had been posted only a month before the blessed occurrence. To create a poison that was also a remedy for a disease that plagued far too many. Why, it was pure brilliance to even have such a stupendous notion in my mind. Simply soak yourself with one drop of this substance in your bathtub, and you were as white as snow, yes, as pure as an angel! What I had created was a remedy for black skin. With such an atrocious colour on your skin you were nothing. But certainly not evil like those with red hair; nobody was evil like them.

I smoothed down the wrinkles at the sleeves of my ash-grey suit, and stood up to gaze out of the bay windows not far from my desk. A landscape of perfect square buildings stood before me from my perch, high and hidden from view on the abandoned cliffside by the tiny forest that perhaps could not even be called a forest by size anymore. Everything was perfect. Nothing could destroy the happiness I felt right now. Nothing, except maybe... A sharp pain hit the back of my neck. I rubbed at it in annoyance, Toxamma did have its side effects for the user. They had finally hit me. Angela, a demon hiding behind her angel wings, whose red hair was getting to me even from here. I looked at my hand and saw the stain of blood on my fingertips, crying out in shock as another burst of pain hit the same spot. I shook with rage and agony, and I collapsed on the floor, writhing. My joyous moments had been cut too short, and I screeched in utter sorrow of my loss. My life was now over, and I had barely any time to bask in the glory of someone else's death. I finally submit to my demise, rolling over on my back to stare at the extremely pale ceiling with as much dignity as I could muster. If I must die, I would die the way I was born: a magnificent genius...

How could I be so naive. There, standing over me with two throwing knives in his hand, was a man with very dark skin, grinning like a complete fool.

"I have succeeded," I heard him declare quietly, "the one man left in this world that tortured its soul. The world is now perfect!"

He laughed heartily, gazing into my fading eyes with disgust, "After all, people with slanted eyes are pure evil, and now you are all eliminated."

Then I died, thinking to myself in amusement, little does he know that his ending won't be much different.