I Rule alone (1)

Awaking from my dream-filled escape, I stretched out my relaxed muscles. My braided hair left marks on my face from the pressure of sleeping on them. Soon enough I will take these out and have my wild, beautiful hair back. I smiled at the thought of washing it and how it became tame with the water, but when drying it came back to its full explosive size.
Water.
Ahh, the name it's self is refreshing.
I love water, the rejuvenating taste after a stressful day calms me. Ripples in the water are like the people in my village, one action, one person to become grow and become greater. As did our ancestors when they found this land.

I could never truly compare my self to them. They ruled with a wife or husband, never alone. They seemed almost as important as the spirits as well. Forever eminent and their mark everlasting.

I will never be a great as them, thought my elders, if I never found a man. I had been pressured into finding a man.

Thankfully a long walk to my private pond would help to relax me and the stress of finding my king.

After I was crowned Queen of Angola, the elders of my country presented me with a choice. Either I find a suitable King to rule alongside me, I marry the repulsive King Mohalio( Mo-hál-Lee-o), or give birth to three males at the same time. The last one was absurd since it had only ever happen twice. I left them irritated with the fact that I was only 19 and I did not want a husband. Every man that had snaked his way in my path was corrupted with selfish morales. I told them along with my family that was I going to rule alone until a man made himself worthy of Me and My KIngdom.

"I Rule Alone." It was never meant to sound greedy, only that I did not trust a man to take care of my country. I cared for Angola so much, that I could not take the chance of someone leading us to our death and oppresion. There was news of White men coming to Africa and snatching away our people for bone-breaking work. Imediately I prepared for war and protection of my land. No one was going to destroy us, no one was going to dare try.

Now, I walked in a sheer peach dress to my private pond. The pain and heartache of choosing a husband and protecting my people began to settle with the first touch of water on my body. I needed to get my head straight and to relax, for I fear that I might go insane.

My beautiful secluded reservoir invited me to rest in its water. The colorful fish swam around my legs as I entered their world. My mother told me stories of the goddess of water Yemoja, she is known as the goddess of fertility and the ocean. Her name means " Our mother whose children are as numerous as there are fish". I dipped all the way into the water, with my head covered and thanked her. I asked her to bless me with three males, if I was to ever get pregnant. Then I ended it by drinking some of the water.

I bathed with the many flowers that slowly drifted in the pond. I floated on my back and looked up at the pink sky, the sun slowly rising up. The blue of the water, pink of the sky, and the many hues of the fish and flowers filled my mind with harmony. I fell in love that moment. I fell in love with nature, water, with everything.

"If only this could last forever." I sighed.

I swam for longer than I could remeber, but reallly until I grew hungry. The sun was up still so not too long, I guess.

As I walked back to my kingdom, I hearda child cry. Thankful for atleast having on my sheer gown I rushed over to the crying.

When I got there my heart sunk, a baby wrapped in leaves was laying there in the blazing sun. Hurriedly I picked her up and ran to my golden palace. Once I reached the palace, I swayed with the child, shushing her. To my suprise she stopped. I decided the heat had gotten to her.

" Poor baby, I will take care of you. You are my baby now. Mama loves you." What can I say, I love children. Ofcourse I will look for her mother but as of now I plan on keeping her.

As I held the baby, I saw the man who was expected to by my husband.

'There goes my day,' I mumbled to myself. Honestly I hate him and anyone who thinks Im going to marry him is insane.

" Finally, she is here." Mohalio oinked out. I say oink because he is a pig and I despise him. Even if he wasn't twice my age, I still wouldn't ever consider marrying him.

Continued......