7 years

"There all done" I just finished zipping my luggage close.

"So, 7 years huh?" Hearing that familiar voice, I smirked with delight.

"Yeah, im doing this." I smiled. This maybe our last time seeing eachother and that thought scars me. She has been a companion here in the United States for 7 years.

She came closer and fumbled with my locks.
"You know, that girl is lucky. No one can stay this in love with someone.. Let alone" she touched my cheek and bit her lip "knowing that that girl is loved by you.."

I know what she's doing and it will not work on me.
"Brittany.. Stop okay?" I let her down gently and smiled. I knew she was hurt but she brushed it off immediately

"So, did you say your farewells to your dad?" She grabbed jer car keys and her wallet

"Yes I did. Stop worrying okay?" I sat my luggage on the floor and brought my phone out.

A text, I received.

Bestfriend: what time is your flight bes?

Me: its at 10pm. What time are you planning on hanging?

Chloe: I was thinking, why not we get some drinks? Invite friends?

Me: aww thanks for considering that! Making my arrival explosive!

Chloe: im your bestfriend! What do you expect? HAHAHA

Me: enough! Ill see you in a few hours!!

I kept my phone safely in my pocket.

"Lets go" Brittany being her, nudged me back to reality.

"But you know, thea, you can always come back right?" I don't know. I haven't thought about that.. Hay

FAST FORWARD

I felt a rigorous shake. It immediately snapped me back to a the air plane. I removed my earphones and stretched my arms as if I am at home.

"Attention passengers we are now landing at Manila, Philippines. This is your captain speaking. Thank you and Enjoy! Mabuhay!" I looked out at the window. The first thing I noticed was the sunrising. It was so nostalgic.. Memories that I hope, can be relived.

"Excuse me-- Thea?" I followed a lady's voice. She seemed familiar. It took me a while to recognize who she was

"Chelsea? Hey!" I stood up all of a sudden and offered my hand.

She took it and pulled me closer to her
"H-hey what?" I tried to hug her but this is her job. Be professional.

"S-sorry! I mean im excited! Youre back.. It's a shock.. I-i wow." She looked at me head to toe.

For the past 7 years I have been improving myself. Physically, working out with diets. Mentally, getting my depression at a low enough to pass. socially, gaining new friends. spiritually, having a deeper connection with God and emotionally... I signed and smiled

"You look.. Hot.." My eyes widened and slapped her arm alittle
"Stop!" I said and laughed

After that, she winked and brought my hand carry down.

Ill see you around.. I thought to myself. This is a start.

Chelsea, she was my first crush? It was a petty high school crush. Although, she almost took my first kiss.. Receiving a slap from her was painful. Looking back, it was pretty funny that I dealt with her in the past. Don't get me wrong, she is a great girl. She's just not for me.

I walked out of the plane and the first thing I felt was the manila warmth. Wow, some things don't change. Huh?

After passing all the things you usually do in the airport, my dad's driver was waiting for me. I call him Ray.

On cue, I saw a man wearing a polo shirt, slacks and a cap. The typical manong. As soon as he spotted me, he smiled and waved hid sign board up higher for me to see

It's funny how hid sign board says "Thea's driver only.!" HAHAHA manong talaga.

I went up to him and hugged him. He is like family to me. He took my suitcases and stuffed them in the trunk with a bang signalling how he accomplished the task.

I am at the back seat texting my best friend once again

Chloe: welcome to manila!!

Me: yeah yeah im backkk so? What's the plan?

Chloe: bar. Wear smth hot. Cant wait to see you. ;)

Me: btw, I saw a familiar face back at the plane.

Chloe: who?

Me: chelsea.

Chloe: ohh when first times collide! Better not! HAHAHA

Me: who did you invite?

Chloe: i'll surprise you okay?

I rolled my eyes and kept my phone inside my carry on

Ray was driving through the Manila traffic.

"So, maam how's the states?" He started small talk. Like your typical driver I guess?

"It was so cold! Hahaha btw manong! I bought you something it's inside my suitcase! Ill give it to manang for you? Is that okay?" I looked at him through his mirror

He smiled genuinely "wow! Really maam? Thank you!" I smiled back and proceeded to look out the window. I cant help but wonder.. How are you?