-Chapter 4: The Perfect Excuse

The sweet lavender scent hit my nostrils and I inhaled, sighing with the soft blows of the wind. My back was perched right against the cool bark of the tree, as usual the pencil and pad on my lap. I closed my eyes, thinking if I should travel along somewhere or begin thinking of what to change next.

I wanted to get my mind off of what had happened previously with Emily. I was still in great shock and going back to it was making my head pound. I shook my head and though of what I dreamed of seeing next.

I felt relaxation hit me as I scribbled on the paper furiously. Just as I finished the last line, I felt the whooshing of the wind and soon I was up in the air, being carried away.

The water splashed all around me as I hit it in a cannonball from my flight. It was cool and calming. I went down underneath in the sea water and swam deeper. I could see the different exquisite marine animals and plants. My favorite what I wanted to see was dolphins. They swam up to me and all around me, letting me pet them. It was amazing what I got to do in my dreams. This could never happen for real, not in a million years for me.

I grabbed gently around one of the sleek dolphins and left it zoom away with the others, letting me explore more of the ocean. I was feeling euphoria and woke up with the same feelings, smiling to myself, remembering what I had just experienced.

I grabbed my phone, glancing at the time. It was 7am.

I didn't want to get up just yet so I just lay contemplating about my last week events leading to today. So much has happened since that time and my life had abruptly changed. I was so caught up in the mystery of my dream world and saving my friend that I forgot about the guy I met in the restaurant. It's been three days but still he hasn't sent a text message or gave a call.

I sighed heavily, letting out my sadness. I should have known that it was just temporary and he just wasn't interested. I need to face the reality of not being noticed by the opposite sex. I never had luck in that field anyway. There would be guys I liked but they would never like me back or talk to me. I was shy myself to just take the first step and talk to any of them. I stayed huddled with my group of friends and that was it.

Of course I got a bright idea. I would get my parents to go to that restaurant again and maybe I could see him. Who knows what his reaction might be and would he even be there if we went?

_ __ __ __ __ __

That evening after school I used my wits to come up with the perfect excuse as to why we should go back to that restaurant.

"Hey mom, have you cooked anything for dinner today?" I cornered my mom who had just arrived from work and was looking weary. I knew she would be too tired to cook anything.

She put her bag down and gave me an exasperated sigh. "Oh Isabelle. I don't think I have the strength to cook anything. If you want, you can search the fridge or make something yourself."

"Um well I was thinking..." I trailed off waiting for the right moment to give my sneaky suggestion.

She gave me a look. "What do you want Isabelle?"

"Oh nothing, I just had an idea. You know that new restaurant we went to for breakfast last Sunday?"

"What about it?"

I gave a cheeky smile. "I think we should go there for dinner."

She looked deep in thought. Although what to think. It's a yes or a no.

"I have to discuss with your dad first." She hesitated.

Damn it.

"Sure. He's watching TV." I pointed to their bedroom.