how the dancing dolls began

a Williams has been dancing since the age of four-years-old. Over the years Mrs. Williams has taken several dance classes including classes with Angie Luke School of Dance such as Ballet, Ballet Point, Beginner and Advanced Jazz, Modern Dance, Belly Dance, and Beginner and Advanced Tap. She was also a member of the Eye of the Tiger Drill Team from 82-88, a member of the Dancing Dolls Drill Team 89-91 & Captain of the California State Dominguez Hills University Cheerleading Squad from 97-98. She is also the Instructor/ Sponsor/ Choreographer of the Dancing Dolls Dance Team, which was established on August 20, 2001 at Pied Piper Playhouse, Founder/Choreographer for the Grove Park Dancerettes 2002-2004, Choreographer for the Callaway High School Chargettes 2006-2008, Founder/Choreographer for the Prancing Diamonds 2007, Vice President & Choreographer of the Jackson Association For Majorettes, Member of the JSU Modeling Squad, Sponsor/Costume designer for the Jackson State University Twirlers 2004-2009 & Jackson State University Banner Girls from 2007-present.

Mrs. Williams graduated from Jackson State University in May 2005 earning a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice. She is a former employee of the City of Jackson where she worked as a Recreation Aide and the Dance Instructor for the entire North side of Jackson. She began to build the Dance program at Grove Park in August of 2002. The most popular class was the Majorette Class. This class developed tremendous dancers and some evolved and became members of The Dance Team Grove Park Dancerettes in 2002-2004, members of their middle and high school dance teams, members of community groups and members of collegiate dance squads. The Dance Program at Grove Park grew and up to Mrs. William's departure from the City of Jackson in June 2007 classes were offered for ages 5-18. Classes were offered: Beginner Jazz Funk, Hip-Hop, Beginner and Advanced Tap, Majorette Dance, Alternative Dance (Advanced Jazz & Advanced Majorette mixed), Pre- Tap & Pre- Jazz. Dianna's greatest achievement in dance is Dancing Dolls, LLC. Dancing Dolls have grown to become a powerhouse organization that not only develops great dance techniques but great leaders and wonderful young entrepreneurs.

Within her dance career,Mrs. Williams stepped out on faith and opened a dance studio of her very own in the heart of Jackson, MS named Dollhouse Dance Factory. Dollhouse Dance Factory opened it doors on August 23, 2010 with 23 students enrolled in its 1 st semester. As the studio grew, its 2 nd semester embodied 45 students . To date, the Factory is in its 3 rd semester and has 101 students enrolled.

Mrs. Williams has and continues to teach all of her students the importance of a good education, persistence, determination, great self-esteem, respectable manners, and a positive self worth. She is a phenomenal mentor that excels not only in her dance ability but also in her abilities to be hardworking, dependable and extremely likeable. Dianna is a great individual, her work is valuable and she is an extreme asset to all dance teams and choreographers she comes into contact with.