Chapter XVIII

I slam on the door for so long, but it seems to be useless. Just when I've given up hope, I hear something scuffing against the door. The door handle turns, and it opens. I push past whoever opened the door and race out the back door.

The crowd is enormous. It's the last day of the season; I should have known. The noise is so loud, the sky was so black. This was about to be the end of something. Meg wasn't right. Papa and I did nothing, Maman did nothing, I don't know what she was talking about. But something was wrong- Meg was never like this. Sure, she got angry, but she never threatened to kill someone. Dozens of people wander through the crowd, several blonde women walking with a small boy. It would take too long to stop all of them.

"Gustave!" I scream. I stop one of the women, "Please, have you seen a woman with a young boy?"

"Sorry, you'd have to be more specific than that." I shake my head furiously, "No- please-!" She walks away, leaving me spinning in the crowd. "Help!" I hear from some part of the crowd. "Please, help!"

"Gustave!" I run toward the sound of his voice. I shove through people. "Hey!" A man stops me. "What are you doing?" He grabs my arm, "Apologize right now!"

"I'm sorry! But please, I need to find my brother-!"

"Help!" I see Gustave being dragged by Meg- she was taking him to the pier. "Miss Giry, I can't swim!"

At those words, I take off to the theater. Papa and Maman needed to know. I run back to the theater and open the back door. I spot a stagehand right away, "You! Have you seen Mr. Y or Christine?"

"They just left," he says. "Something about a kid or something." I race back out the door, not bothering to say thank you.

I shove through the crowds. God, what was Christine wearing? I spot a pale pink dress. Yes, that was her! "Maman-!" I grab onto the dress, only to be greeted by a woman I don't know. "I'm so sorry!" She begins to walk away, but I grab her dress again. "Wait! Have you seen Christine Daae?" She rips her dress out of my hands, shakes her head, and stomps off.

I whirl around, my head pounding from all the noise, the shouting, the fair.

"Gustave!" I hear through the crowd. "Gustave!" It's Christine and Papa. "Maman! Papa!"

"Gustave!" I hear Christine's voice through the crowd. "Maman!" I run to her, out of breath, I begin explaining, "Meg- she's taken Gustave- to the pier- something about revenge-!" My father grabs my hand, "To the pier, now!" He begins running to the pier, Christine and Aunt Giry close behind.

"Hurry!" 

AN: Oh no! What ever will happen next? It's not like this is pre-written!! Or is it??? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

(I am such a loser lol)