Chapter 1

Nothing really to say. :/ Except it's really really short...well...this chapter is...

SO IF I BEAT YOU, I CAN MARRY YOU?!? DEAL!!!

CHAPTER 1

"You'll never beat me." the little boy scoffed at the cute girl sprawling on the ground.

"I will too!" the girl huffed indignantly, and picking up her sword, stood up again, her face red from effort.

She got in position again and waited for him to attack. She was ready this time.

But when he did attack, she proved to be far too weak to fend off his strong assaults. In another five minutes, she was back on the floor again, and the boy was looking down on her with disdain.

"Here," he said haughtily, "I know you like me."

The girl blushed and ducked her head down.

"If you manage to beat me, you can marry me." he said, proud that he had guessed right.

The girl raised her head in amazement and gaped at the boy. He walked off. Turning back, he took off the belt tied at his waist, and handing it to her, walked off again.

She could still hear his final words ringing in her head.

"Use it to remember me when we grow up. Find me when you're ready."

For he had moved the next day. The girl cried over him for nights until she finally decided to get stronger and beat him. That became her reason for living over the years, and sometimes, it was the only thing keeping alive her will to survive.

*************************************

"Hya!" Mika lashed out with her sword, careful to keep her left side carefully guarded so that her teacher wouldn't strike it again like he did last time.

He struck the right side this time, shaking his head in disappointment. The girl had talent and skill, but something was bothering her. She wasn't concentrating enough.

Using a ninja sword required all of the person's attention on the attacker's eyes. The eyes revealed the intent.

But the girl wasn't in the mood today. They would get nowhere. At this rate, she would never master the sword enough to move onto star throwing.

The teacher dropped his sword and bowed to her. Mika bowed back, her eyes down in shame. She knew she had made a mistake. The teacher was disappointed in her.

After her teacher left, Mika collapsed on a nearby rock. It was warm from the sun's rays, and soon, she began to feel drowsy.

She thought about the little boy she loved, her hands unconsciously pulling out the silk belt she kept hidden by her heart.

Lightly caressing its smoothness, she smiled to herself. She knew that she was nearly to her goal. She was almost a ninja now. The only thing she needed to do now was find him.

He had left years ago, and all she knew was that he lived in Chanvak. The city was a day's walk away.

Gripping the silk tightly, she vowed that she would finish her training and find him within the year.

*****************************************

"You will never become a ninja. You're too clumsy. You can't do anything. Who would take you?"

Her mother's harsh words rang in her ears as Mika stumbled through the forest. She had done the most daring thing she could think of.

She had run away from home.

All she thought of now was that by some crazy luck, she would be able to get to Chanvak and find the boy. She would beat him somehow or the other, and they would get married and live happily ever after.

She wiped the tears off her face and told herself not to cry. She wouldn't. But the tears flowed unbidden down her cheeks, and her vision became blurry.

Sitting down on a rock, she buried her face in her knees and cried.

"Are you okay?" a voice spoke softly next to her.