0.1

Youngjae

His fingers brushed along the smooth, pearl white keys of the piano a beautiful melody cascading around the empty room

Lost in a melodic trance, eyes closed, lips slightly parted as he played the instrument that bought him happiness and a sense of normality in his chaotic and busy life.

Music was the primary source of comfort in 25 year old Choi Youngjae's life. There was nothing else that made him feel more content, nothing that relieved the loneliness that haunted him at night in his small, cold apartment.

Because unlike others in his life, music never left him. It was always there, even through the darkest of times.

"Yah! Choi Youngjae, hello?"

Eyes snapping open, music ceasing with an untuned screech Youngjae snapped back to reality, his gaze coming into focus as he took in his surroundings.

The small practice room encompassed with the all too recognisable wooden floors and white walls with a few microphones and other various musical equipment strewn about bought a sense of familiarity to him as he sighed coming out of his trance.

Youngjae didn't like change.

Familiarity and consistency was key in his life.

New social situations made him anxious.

Being somewhere he didn't recognise made him fearful.

"We're you blissing out again hyung?" The same amused voice called out, breaking the tense silence.

Youngjae looked up to see his coworker and best friend Kim Yugyeom leaning against the doorframe, arms folded and his signature smirk displayed across his lips.

Yugyeom and Youngjae had known each other from the very tender age of 5 and 7. They met at after school daycare when Youngjae was being picked on by some older ten year olds. Yugyeom, practically the height and size of a ten year old, came over and put the bullies in their place, helped Youngjae up and the rest is history.

Both were significantly interested in music, Yugyeom also possessing immense talent in dance, and a special and irreplaceable bond formed between the two over their love of music and nothing would ever change that.

They were family.

Kim Yugyeom was one of the only sources of consistency in Youngjae's life, so he clung to him and would never let him go. Yugyeom would never let go either, he's been through everything with Youngjae, including the stuff both of them would like to forget. He feels a sense of protection over Youngjae and that will always be there.