- 1 - | Travels + Reunions

- M A C K E N Z I E -

This plane ride is so boring. 10 Hours and 54 minutes long. Precise I know. When me and Maddie got to our seats we both argued about who gets the window seat. I won obviously. So I'm currently staring out the window as music plays in my ears from my IPhone X and earbuds. I can't wait to see Lauren and Johnny, My Best Friends since birth. We (Me, Mum, Maddie and Maliboo) are going to our villa that we share with the Orlandos (Johnny, Lauren, Darian, Meredith, Bentley and Leo. Maddie, Johnny and Lauren's other older sister, doesn't come she never had she always went to their grandma's house when we went to the villa) in Greece. We go to this villa every half term with the Orlando family. We have ever since mine and Maddie's dad and Johnny and Lauren's dad passed away in a tragic car accident.

On Christmas day, 2003. The Orlando's were in Pittsburgh spending Christmas with our family, one of our many traditions. We all sent our father's out to buy ingredients to bake a cake so we could have it as desert on Boxing day and Meredith had been given a kitchen aid and wanted to try it out immediately. On the way back from the store, the car skidded on ice and slipped causing the car to flip and land in the middle of the road. Then a truck oblivious to the accident that had just happened drove into the car. 10 minutes later our mums got a phone call explaining that there husbands had sadly left this world before there time. I remember this day crystal clear, a day that had started off joyful, happy and full of smiles ended in sadness, anger and full of tears. To this very day we still mourn our fathers. Our mums ended the call and sat us down and explained that our daddies had "left this world and gone to live with the angels and later on in life we would be able to go and live with them again." None of us understanding as we were only 3 asked why we couldn't go and live with our daddies now. Our families got a lot of money due to the accident so with the money we bought a villa in Greece, and a Log cabin in France at a skiing resort.

My eyes pricked with tears as I thought about my father. Maddie gave me a sympathetic look automatically knowing what I was upset about. I dried my tears away before my mum noticed as dad was still a very fragile subject even after 14 years, he still was to us too. I soon drifted to sleep with Maliboo curled up on my lap.

A few hours later, that felt like a few seconds, Maddie woke me up to say we had landed.

"We're here." She squealed.

"Whoop, Whoop." I reply. Startling Maliboo in the process. Oops.

We quickly get off the plane and start to walk through the airport to try and find the Orlando's. Their flight had landed a couple of hours before ours but they insisted on waiting for us. As soon as I saw Johnny I dumped my suitcase and sprinted as fast as I possibly could and rugby tackled him to the floor. He smelt and looked amazing. Wait. Did I really just say that. Oops.

"Woahhhh, Kenz, I mean I know I'm sexy and handsome and fit and everything but no need tackle me."

"Well you haven't changed then have you, Orlando."

"You know it." He replies with a wink.

We both blush when we realise the intimate position we were in on the airport floor and from the fake cough from Lauren. We both scramble to our feet. I take this as the opportunity to then jump on Lauren nearly causing her to lose her balance. We stand there hugging for what feels like forever just enjoying each others company and swaying from side to side. I'm the one to speak first.

"I've missed you soooooo much Laur." I say elongating the so.

"I've missed you soooooo much too Kenz." She replies also elongating the so.

Me and Lauren rush off in front catching up on all the time we've been apart.

"Still got eyes for my brother, I see." She says wiggling her eyebrows at me

"What do you mean still! I've never liked your brother in that way and you know that Lauren." I say playfully punching her arm.

"Well your actions earlier show different missy, You know you can tell me you know and shhhh but I think Johnny likes you so it's alright."

Johnny can't like me. Can he? And it doesn't matter anyways because I don't like him, well actually that's questionable. Do I like Johnny? I really don't know. I then hear footsteps approaching us and I turn to see Johnny running at me at a high speed. So I quickly pause my thoughts and sprint as quickly as possible as Johnny starts to catch up. I don't look behind me to check how far away he is but I know he's caught up when I get tackled to the floor.

"What was that for." I say between breaths.

"Payback for earlier, Kenz, you should've known I'd get you back, I always do."

"Well Johnny you shouldn't tackle a lady to the floor, it's not what a gentlemen would do." I say while playfully slapping his chest.

"Lady! You do make me laugh Kenz and maybe your pretty little ass should learn to run faster." He says with a grin. Did he just call me pretty? He didn't mean it anyway.

We blush again from the intimate position and scramble to our feet, again just after we hear Lauren in the distance.

"For God's sake, that's the second time in the past 10 minutes." she says giggling.

- J O H N N Y -

I was walking along side Maddie and Darian as Kenz and Laur had ran off in front. Me and Maddie were also quite close too but not as close as me, Kenz and Lauren and not as close as her and Darian. When we were younger it was always me, Lauren and Kenz then Maddie(Ziegler), Darian and Maddie(Orlando).

"Still got eyes for my sister, I see, Orlando." She says as my face turns crimson red.

"Uh - erm - um, N-no I don't know what your talking about Ziegler." I say emphasizing her last name, what is it with the Zieglers calling me Orlando today, First Kenzie then Maddie.

"Don't lie." Darian says chuckling.

"I'm not." I say my voice cracking.

"Your such a bad liar, Orlando." Maddie says also emphasizing my last name.

"I know."

"So you do still have eyes for my sister." Maddie says.

"Uh-huh." I answer making Maddie go wide-eyed, She's one of the only people I've told aswell as Laur, Maddie(Orlando) and Darian.

"Awhhhhhh." She squeals a bit loud for my liking. Oh well.

"You know I think she has eyes for you too, Orlando." She says after she's finished squealing.

"Really." I say my eyes brightening.

"Well go rugby tackle her like she did to you earlier and i'll tell you based on how she reacts."

"Okay." I reply a bit too enthusiastically causing Maddie and Darian to laugh. I then Start to sprint towards Kenz.

[1249 Words]