Chapter 2 - Did i get in?

Christina's P.O.V.

                  George William, Alex Burrows, Ryan Kesler, and Jay Flimin have made it . WHAT? I didn't get it, how could this possibly have happened? I knew that I was just as good as the guys that got in, and then I realized it.. HEY,  Christina, wake up.. YOUR A GIRL! Was that really the reason I didn't make it that year. I was really pissed off. I felt that this left the deepest Scar on me, worse than any other physical scar that I have ever gotten., which I couldn't get rid of until I made the team. And I was determined that I would, someday or another.

                  I tried out again the following year, in grade 11, this time being better prepared and ready for everything they were going to test me on. When the day was over I knew that I had done better than every other guy in that locker room and if I didn't make it that year that there was going to be a big problem... After 3 days  of hard skill testing tests, they called us back and announced who was going to go to Detroit for the Skill testing drills this year and who was going to advance. The finalists were Mark Twain, Cody Hodgson, Jackob Lennen, and Ryan Tap. AGAIN? WTF? how could that even happened. That was no longer funny anymore... I gave it my all and I was DAMN SURE that I made it, so why was my name not announced. I was getting mad.... that might have just been a tryout to some people but for me it was the reason I live.

 So I had went straight up to the coach and asked him, "why didn't I make it."

 He had said, "because you're a girl and girls should only cook and take care of their husbands, Men's Hockey is not for women."

                    I had rights and I had deserved to be in the NHL more than any person. I had looked at him and then walked away I had been made to speak or say anything. When all of the guys left that night, I was still sitting there watching the ice, Hockey had been more than a dream to me, it was my passion.. it was the reason I LIVED. Yeah I could have joined Women's Hockey but that wasn't the same. So I picked my skates, hockey stick and a puck and skated on to the ice and started taking slap shots. I was mad and that was how I took my anger out. I was doing all of the risky tricks, that if u were just a beginner and attempting u would have likely broken your bones. I had talent and I didn't need the NHL to tell me that, I knew. I wasn't really paying attention at that time, to who was there but at the tip of my eye all I saw was MIKE GILLIS, ( the GM of the Vancouver Canucks).

 He had looked at me and smiled then he had called out, "u over there come here."

                     So I listened to him and got off the ice and walked over to him, he had told me that he had never seen that kind of skill from any player that was a rookie. Then he had told me, u must have advanced to the next round right. I was like NOPE and he was shocked, he told me with that kind of skill u would make the guys that make it to the next round look like fools. He said ok let's make a deal, if I advance u to the next round and take a risk, u have to promise me to give it your all and make it, so that I could pick u on my team because we could really use a player like u... I WAS AMAZED, was this really happening, was I talking to mike Gillis and did he just say he wanted to put me on his team. I SAID YES less than a second and he smiled and said congratulations u have made it to the next round... MOST EXCITING MOMENT OF MY LIFE.

 But now the question at that moment in my head was would I make it even past that round, where they would bring the top players all around the world and see who would advance and get drafted.....

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Christina has made it YEAHH but will she advance and be drafted? well the only way to find out is to read the next chapter. Thanks allot for reading, it means alot... xoxoxox also sorry for not writing a chapter for the last like 3 weeks, I was really busy.