The Baker Part 1

August 30th, 1888. 11:47 pm.

Mary Ann Nichols hiked up her dress above her ankles while she stepped in a dirty puddle. Her leather shoes became wet, but they had already began falling apart. "I really need some more cash. I have not been charging enough." The cold night air in Whitechapel pushed against her body. Her legs began to feel chilly.

She let her dress fall as she began to confidently stride through the alley. Her hips swayed and her hands were on her sides.

"You never know who's watching," she thought. "Maybe even a potential client."

Mary weaved her way through rubbish bins and homeless men sleeping on the damp, hard ground. Suddenly, a door from the back of a baker's shop opened up as someone stepped outside. The person took a deep breath, and Mary did the same as she smelled the fresh baked goods. She looked closer and noticed it was a dark haired, nicely dressed man.

"I could charge him grub instead of money."

Mary quickened her pace as the man began to walk back towards the door. "Wait, mister!" The man turned his head towards Mary as she finally came up to him. "Hello, miss. It's a pleasure to meet you." The man smiled sweetly.

"Thank you, sir. I was just walking by when I smelled the food in your shop. You know how hard it is to get good food these days," Mary said. "Oh, yes I do know. I could sell you some if you want," the man replied. Mary looked at him with begging eyes. He finally really looked at her and said, "We can go talk inside. Make a deal."

***

The man - who told her his name was Jack - and Mary sat at a table nearest to the food. She could smell the delightful ingredients and care that it took to make the pies, breads, cookies, and everything else.

"So, Mary, your profession is prominent in your style of dressing. I know what you were thinking, too. Giving you food for it is no problem. The question is how much for how long?" "Well, Jack," Mary began, "I do dress this way on purpose. Also, it depends on how long it takes you. But, I'd rather we get to it and talk about the amount owed later."

Mary got on her knees as Jack stood up in front of her. She looked up at him and he nodded for her to continue. Mary started to unbuckle his belt, and Jack stroked her hair lovingly. She slowly unzipped his pants, when she suddenly felt Jack tightly grab onto her hair. Jack ferociously pulled her head back, and as Mary looked up at him with wide eyes, Jack slit her throat before she could scream.

He did it a second time and her hands fell to her sides. Her body became limp and fell to the floor. Just before she died, she noticed the wooden floor was covered in sheets that had multiple stains of a dried red-brown subsance.

"Now for your abdomen, slut."