Chapter 1: The girl

A woman dressed in brown leather, coated with greyish fur, stood before a giant troll.

She had darkbrown hair which was tied to a ponytail. Around her neck she wore a necklace made of bones. Her eyes were the colour of the moon, a beautiful grey, nearly silver.

A big metal sword which a normal man would wield with two hands, she held with one, in her other hand carrying a big spiked shield.

The troll looked mad and dangerous, his greyish skin covered in scars and boils.

His head was round and ugly, with lumps and scars. His right ear was bitten off and his nose was a round lumpy thing.

His hands were massive, in his right wielding a giant wooden club, drenched in the blood of the ones he had killed before.

The troll opened his disfigured mouth, revealing sharp rotting brown teeth.

A loud roar came from the troll’s mouth, it thundered through the area.

A foul smell of rotten food came from the troll’s mouth.

The woman didn’t look very impressed by the roar of the troll, instead she readied her sword and shield.

The troll kept his club up high, ready to beat the woman to death.

The woman ran towards the troll yelling loudly, her sword stretched behind her back.

When she came near, the troll swung his club hard towards her, she jumped up, dodging the club which, because of the power of the swing, threw up a cloud of sand.

The woman landed on the club that was a bit bigger than she was. She ran from the club to the troll his arm, he tried to punch her off but she saw it coming, and ducked, dodging the blow.

The troll roared once more to the woman, trying to scare her off, but this didn’t work.

She pushed off with her legs, making her jump high above the troll.

As she turned, she was tumbling in the air. As the troll turned around to finish off what he thought was a done deal, she spun around with her arms stretched, her sword cleaving through the air and the air hummed as the sword was going for the trolls' head. The troll, being not the brightest of the lot, was too distracted to notice the shining blade approaching. As the troll grabbed her, the sword sliced through the thick skull of the dull creature.

The troll fell to the ground with a loud thud, the impact of the fall throwing up sand.

She pulled the sword out of the head of the troll, slashing it sideways, throwing off the blood of the troll. She sheathed the sword on her back together with her shield.