Capture The Flag (Short Story) (BxB)

Derrick Urban skateboarded down the street holding his camera, videotaping everything he saw. A bird flew high in the sky. Bees played in nearby gardens. Dogs were barking teasingly in yards. And Derrick captured it all.

Derrick was the type of camera man that didn’t appear in his own film. He liked capturing everything else, all the beauty of the world. While taping a group of females, one of them smiled and waved at him. Which wasn’t odd. Derrick was pretty cute. He had short black hair, dark brown eyes, and a lean body. He had small muscles in his arms, but with all the jackets he wears, no one ever sees them.

Derrick just waved back at the female, and moved on. He taped a basketball game. He stopped his skateboard at a corner and waited for the light to change. He recorded the cars that passed by. Some drivers were talking on phones, some were talking to their passengers, and some were just sitting there. But what Derrick loved seeing was the people, drivers and passengers, looking at him and either waving or turning up their music and jamming out.

The light changed and Derrick continued to skate. He made it across the street and saw the new skate park. “Ah, maybe I could have new subjects.” Derrick thought to himself aloud. He rolled to the park and taped the guys and girls skating. He taped until he saw him. He saw the guy of his dreams. Brendan Pierceson. Brendan was a fellow classmate of Derrick’s and has been since they were in kindergarten. And Derrick has been crushing on him since they were in seventh grade.

Derrick was taping Brendan and, occasionally, the other people who were there. After about ten minutes of taping, Derrick decided to skate somewhere else. When his name was called, Derrick turned around and saw him. Sebastian Everlist. The worst bully that Derrick could ever wish for, not that he would wish for one.

“Derrick! Where are you going? Aren’t you going to continue being a pervy fag?” Sebastian grinned and grabbed Derrick’s camera. “Maybe you should be on tape.” He laughed and pointed the camera at Derrick.

Derrick covered his face with his arms. “Give me my camera back!” He held out his hand to grab the camera, but still shielding himself.

Sebastian shrugged, “I guess.” He went dropped the camera a few feet above Derrick’s hands. Right as Derrick caught the camera, Sebastian punched Derrick in the face. “I’m gone.” Then he walked away.

Derrick held on tight to the video camera as he fell backwards. “Ouch!” He yelled out in pain.

“Derrick? You okay?” A soft concerned voice appeared beside Derrick. He looked up and saw Brendan. Brendan’s green eyes were filled with worry. His dirty blonde hair gently swaying in the wind. Brendan was wearing a white muscle shirt, showing off his muscular arms, and his small six-pack. The shorts he was wearing was baggy but still showed that his legs were just as muscular as his arms.

Derrick stood up and dusted himself off. No I’m not okay. Please hold me in your arms until I feel better. Derrick wanted to say, but instead said. “Yeah, I’m okay.” And slightly blushed.

Brendan didn’t seem to believe him. “What’s that on your eye?” He looked and saw a bruise on Derrick’s eye. “What happened?”

Derrick felt his eye and blushed a little more. Brendan was so concerned about him. “Oh, nothing. Just an accident. That’s all.”

Brendan eyed him. “Was that Sebastian I saw over here?”  He looked over the black eye again and looked back at Derrick. “Did he do that?”

Everyone knows about Sebastian and Derrick. Not that anyone would try to stop Sebastian. He was the biggest guy in their junior class. And he was also heartless. Before answering Brendan, Derrick placed his camera in his pocket. “Yeah he was here, and yes he did that.” Hurry up and leave before he can see that you’re hurt. Derrick told himself and smiled at Brendan. “Hey I gotta go. I have to prepare dinner before my mom comes home.” Derrick jumped on his skateboard and started towards his house.