CHAPTER 2

"Hiccup there was nothing you could do. We don't even know what it was you couldn't have stopped it." she says trying to look back at Hiccup. He kisses her on the side of her forehead and puts his arms around her waist. She slides her hands onto his and closes her eyes, slowly falling asleep. Hiccup sighs. Berk soon comes into sight.

        Astrid's parents past wen she was very young He doesn't know what he's going to tell his mother. 'Oh ya I almost got my girlfriend killed by a huge sound wave that knocked her unconscious.'

        "Great" is all he can say.

                                                                          ***

        Toothless travels to Berk. He knows that Astrid is going to he need time to recover which means he may not see her for a while. He lets out a large breath of air. The travel seemed to be longer than it needs to be. Maybe it's because Hiccup is trying to think of a way to tell his mother he almost got his girlfriend killed.

        "Are we there yet?" Astrid asks shifting in Hiccup's grasp. He still has his hand around her waist.

        "Almost there , milady. How are you feeling?" Hiccup asks looking down at his injured girlfriend.

        "Tired, and a little sore." she says curling up to Hiccup's chest and yawning.

        Berk comes into view. Stromfly comes and fly's up beside Toothless. He nods his head towards Astrid. She opens her eyes and smile.

        "Hey girl." she says reaching her hand out to touch Stormfly. Se fly's closer allowing her rider to scratch her nose. Hiccup smiles and kisses the top of the girls head. They land in Berk moments later.

                                                                           ***

        "Hiccup? What happened?" his mother asks looking at her son who is holding his girlfriend bridal style. She is standing in the Kitchen of her and Hiccup's house making dinner. "A day and a half you were gone!" she says putting the fish back on the counter and rushing over to Astrid who is again, asleep in Hiccup's arms.

        "Well there was a loud noise and it-" Hiccup is cut off.

        "Lets talk about that later. Let's get her checked out first." she says walking up the stairs to Hiccups room. It was moved from downstairs to upstairs when Hiccup and Astrid started dating. Hiccup walks up the stairs behind his mother, trying not to hit Astrid's head on the wall. Hiccup lays Astrid on the double bed. Valka puts a cold cloth on her forehead.

        "So what happened?" she asks Hiccup, feeling Astrid neck. Hiccup explains everything to his mother. She listens quietly. When Hiccup is done she turns to him and says, "You know it wasn't your fault right?" Hiccup looks at her wide eyed. "I can practically hear you blaming yourself," says Valka walking down the stairs to the kitchen and continues to cut up fish.Hiccup follows her. "There was nothing you could have done. If it was another Alpha than we must go in search of it. But until then we have no idea what it is." she looks at him seriously, "Do not blame yourself. Astrid would not be pleased." Hiccup looks at his feet. His mother puts his chin up to look in his eyes. "She will be fine. Now go will Toothless go see if Gobber or anyone needs help." she says patting him on the back.

                                                                        ***