Chapter One: Vampires have it easy

*****Hey guys so this is a brief introduction to Finley attitude towards life and her deep thoughts. You don't need to read this if your not into that. the next chapter is where is really begins.*****

Vampires have it so easy, and really all mystical creatures as a matter of fact. They are either born with their gift, or a near death experience happens, or they stumble upon it in Spider-Man's case, but you know what rarely do they ever fight for their blessing. I guess that's how blessings go though. I mean think about it. With the exception of batman, who let's face it does not even count, because he was born with a crap ton of money, which is basically a super power in itself, no awesome hero or fantasy creature has it hard. you know why? They're are told what they are to do. All strife and battles in the stories are literally cake walks compared to the actual terrifying idea/choice of picking your own destiny. It's like oh that's an easy decision. Just BOOM! I will follow my dreams and become a cat painter on the riviera in some beautiful city! Or NOT! There is all this pressure to make your mark on the world and leave a "Legacy". It's cute, really, because if you think about it...I doubt you even know your great-grandparents full names. I doubt you can even name one of their full names. Someone that made you happen and in a sense created part of your being and you do not even know they're friggin name. I mean, how in the world are we supposed to leave a legacy, if our great-grand kids don't even know our name? Let alone the masses of unknowns.

Once you get past that notion though, what if you can make a difference in something? Then it's like crap did I chose the right something? Should I be a plastic surgeon because I'm smart or an actor because it makes me happy or a model because I'm pretty or a writer because I speak eloquently???!!! It's all a bit overwhelming, so I am envious of the movie characters. All they have to worry about is being the best at what they do. What fate has chosen for them to do! Then again, they are stuck with fate's choice, but still it's so simple. Fight off the bad guys! Your prince is automatically into you! You will never fail because you are special. That's it! I think I will just settle for fantasy land, and I can just let the cards fall as they may, because I am so sick and tired of this pressure.

I don't think your prince is automatically into you, and I also don't think stories end with a happily ever after marriage, graduation, birth, or death. Something comes after it all. You have to work at your marriage, find a job, wake up in the middle of the night to the screaming baby, and mourn the loss of a dead loved one. Movies, books, and social media sites set everyone up for failed happiness.