Epilogue

S/N: Hai. Sorry, we’re late.

E/N: Wow. It has been nearly two months and we are so sorry okay. Here’s your epilogue, we’re crying rn.

With the water drained out, the lads were able to see all of the destruction that had happened. It took a bit of coaxing on Louis’ part to get Harry out of the water.

“Lou! Look at all these starfish!” Harry had shrieked after several glorious minutes of kissing beneath the surf. Louis fondly led Harry away from the creatures in attempts to get him back up to the surface.

“I know, love, I live down here,” he chuckled. “Once we go see the others to check the damage of everything we can come back and I’ll give you a tour.”

Once they met the lads in the boat once more, they climbed in and put on their previous clothes before heading back to where Edgar’s dock had once been. All of the lads were horrified at the destruction around them, even the mermen could tell that things were terrible.

“Oh man,” Liam breathed. “Everything is so…”

“Damp,” Niall said sadly.

“Destroyed,” Louis mimicked the tone.

“How are they going to repair all this, Uncle Paul?” Harry asked.

“They might move us somewhere else for the time being so they can restore this place,” Paul looked toward the beach, sadly.

“We could go home?” Zayn suggested. “At least until they get this place cleaned out and we’ll come back and help repair it.”

“We might have to find transportation to an airport that isn’t flooded…” Liam pointed out, but nodded in agreement.

Harry leaned over to Louis, “Can we swim them across?”

Louis chuckled, shaking his head fondly at his human turned merman boy, “No, no I don’t think that would work out very well. We all have to sleep at some point and they can’t breathe underwater.”

“The ocean isn’t that big!” Niall scoffed.

The others all gave him a disbelieving look, and Niall shrugged meekly. Louis sighed, shaking his head, “ Niall, trust me, I own all of the ocean. Oceans. They’re big. There’s more water than land actually.”

“Then why is it called Earth?! Why isn’t it called Water?”

Paul simply patted Niall on the shoulder, and then he and Edgar hopped out to try and pull the boat up and onto the debris littered sand. Harry was about to leap down barefooted onto the wet beach, but Louis gently caught his arm, “Careful, babe, ocean water is no longer a good thing for your human legs.”

“Oh,” Harry’s eyes widened. “Yeah… shoes then.”

So the humans got out while the merpeople put on shoes, and then humans helped them out so that they wouldn’t get water on themselves. Louis was still lingering near Harry, watching him, studying for any signs that Harry might leave him again. Harry, however, was too distracted by how totally destroyed the small little town was. He wondered just how far along Florida and how deep into Florida damage went. They all walked around in a sort of silent trance, watching survivors search for missing people. People were crying, and some were just staring at the destruction around them.

Houses were intact luckily, but windows were broken, there were boats on roofs, and most likely anything inside of the houses would be destroyed. Power lines were down, so Paul and Edgar made sure to keep careful watch of where they were walking. As they neared town, they could hear sirens, most likely from places further in that weren’t hit, approaching. Paul and Edgar stopped them, sitting them down on the damp curb so they could go talk to a few policemen.