Chapter 13 - The End To A Beginning...

Agony, torment and grief. My face is flushed with tears, as I feel my heart squawking in woe. My heart is mourning, whilst my brain shrivels in ache. I wander to the north woods and my dress trails behind. I tremble in pain, as my feet are forced to walk on. As I amble further into the woods, I notice a group of angels expecting me - angels from the high court and the queen herself were present. I must have fainted mentally, because the consequence that awaited me were as such.

''Ah, Rose. We have been anticipating your arrival.'' One of the high court angels speaks.

I don't say a word and continue to walk towards them.

''Are you ready?'' Ariana steps forward.

''Yes.'' I gulp down my misery.

Rose, you knew what you were getting yourself into so, pull yourself together! Think of Christian, Mom, Jeremy and Esme. Stay strong.

Meanwhile, things at Prom were a little tense.

''ROSE!'' Christian yells through the crowd.

His body panted as if he could sense I wasn't there. He went back to the others and interrogated my whereabouts.

''Guys, has anyone seen Rose?'' He bellowed.

''No, I thought she was with you?'' Ronnie replies.

''She went to get some snacks and it's been 20 minutes. The stand is only over there and she's nowhere to be seen.'' He continues frustrated.

''She must be around somewhere.'' Kirsty says.

''I'm going to look for her. Someone phone me if she returns.'' Christian pants.

''We will.'' Harmony answers worriedly.

''I'm sure she's fine. The place is crowded.'' Hazel interrupts.

Christian exits the venue and searches for his beloved. She can't be on the other floors and if she's not on our floor, where could she have gone? He thinks irritably. He continues to search at the bar, the fountains, the popcorn stand and still, there is no sign of her.

''Hey, have any of you seen Rose?'' He asks his classmates.

''No mate, sorry.''

Maybe I've overthinking things but my gut tells me otherwise. Her weird behaviours and now her disappearance. Why is my heart dashing as if something is wrong? No! I refuse to believe it. He groans in misery.

He continues to ask the other students but he persists hopeless. He wonders off the road and somehow reaches the woods. He falls to the ground and lets out a high pitch scream.

''ROSE!!!!''

My body gasps in horror. Christian, he's so close by.

''Please, make it quick.'' I plead everyone.

''I can't believe your risking all this for some pathetic guy.'' One of the high court members scoffs.

''You wouldn't understand love. All you do is pass judgements, what would you know?'' I answer in hatred.

''Maximus, please! I order all of you to hold your words. I will not tolerate insults against Rose. It was her decision and hers alone. She has been nothing but a loyal and deserving quadrant.'' Ariana retorts rather angrily.

The angels bow to their queen and it begins.

''Reveal yourself.'' Another angel summons my Quadrant form to appear.

There I am, one last time, as a quadrant – a human even. Light ombre wings, silver hair and holographic eyes. I lavished the last moment I had with my angelic form and fluttered my wings, one last time.