- Chapter 1 -

A/N: Just letting you know, it is illegal to copy this work. If I find that you have, legal action can and will be taken against you.

__________

"Hey, fat ass! I know it's hard, but get out of the way!"
"What size are those pants? A thirty-seven?" 
"Damn! How long have you been pregnant?" 
"I didn't even know they made clothes that big."

Those barely even scratched the surface of what I heard daily about two years ago back home in San Antonio, Texas. Even though I looked different now- completely different, actually- I knew that those words would stick with me forever. There wasn't enough weight in the world that I could have lost to get the constant nagging voices out of my head. But I knew how to push them aside now.

A little over two years ago, I went to school in Texas. There was only one word I could use to describe that place. That word was hell. I couldn't go through a single class without hearing an insult regarding my weight.

When I was a Freshman, I was already two hundred and twenty-five pounds. The people at school wouldn't let me forget it either, considering the never ending comments.

It all started when I was eleven years old. I had a fair amount of friends and I was at a somewhat normal weight, maybe a little heavier than my friends. I always found myself comparing my body to theirs. They had the stomachs that were flatter than boards. They had the legs that seemed to go on for miles. One of my friends, Whitney Danes, was the most popular girl at school. I hate saying that, but it was true. She could get whatever guy she wanted and she knew how to do it.

You're probably thinking, "You guys were only eleven! Why would she already be toying around with boys?" Well, I can answer that for you. Whitney was a major slut from the beginning. Ever since we became friends in the fourth grade, she was always talking about boys. How she would catch them staring at her or how they would always be "asking her out." At the time, I didn't care, but now that I think about it, how would two fourth grade kids "go out?"

Stupid, right?

Not only that, but she was naturally stunning. She had platinum blond hair that was thick and straight. Her eyes were like two clear pools of blue and they were perfectly framed by long eyelashes. She was nowhere near fake, she was actually the complete opposite. She wore very light makeup and still managed to look perfect all the time.

Our other best friend, Kyle Hart, was naturally gorgeous too. She had more exotic features though. Personally, I thought she was prettier than Whitney. She had light brown curly hair, milk chocolate brown eyes, and light brown skin. Between her and Whitney, I liked Kyle better although it may not have seemed like it. Kyle was kind of an airhead and whenever she spoke, she would ask some type of bizarre question that was usually completely off topic. A lot of people would take advantage of her in any way they could. I kind of felt bad for her, considering people would call her "Whitney's shadow" and they would always make comments about her lack of knowledge. I knew she wasn't the smartest, but she was ten times nicer than Whitney.

So, anyways, I was very self conscious around them because they were so pretty. How I became friends with them? I have no idea, it still confuses me to this day. But I know for a fact the reason they didn't want to be my friend anymore- why no one wanted to be my friend. Whitney told me flat out.

I had started to gain more weight until I was around one hundred and seventy pounds. It's not a terrible weight to be at, but since I was really short, it looked awful on me. Being only four feet and eleven inches tall at the time, (we were in eighth grade) it was evident that I was nowhere near skinny. I couldn't even hide it anymore.