s e v e n

SYDNEY

"Follow the light with your eyes." The doctor instructed. I moved my eyes left and right following the light.

"Well, I've done a thorough exam and the CT scan was normal, everything looks good." He said and I sighed in relief.

Grayson opened the curtain that was dividing us. "So, she's okay?"

"Out!" I gave him a 'really?' look and he quickly shut the curtain.

"There's no sign of head trauma and I'm absolutely certain you don't have a concession."

"But how come I threw up?" I asked.

"Maybe it was something you ate or maybe it was a reaction to meeting that doofus." He said making me smile.

It was definitely because of meeting that idiot.

Grayson quickly opened the curtain. "It's a curtain, David. I can hear you."

I looked confused at them. "Wait, you two know each other?"

"Yeah, it's my sister's husband." Grayson answered and David smiled.

"Oh. So can I go now?"

"Yes but I want you to put an ice pack on that bump until you get home." David said and I nodded. "O-okay."

Grayson's phone went off and gave me a casual look, letting it ring.

I raised my eyebrows at him, "You gonna answer that?" I snapped.

"O-oh, right. Just.." He stuttered and he picked his phone and answered it.

"Hello mum? What?...who?...where?n-now?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

Now what?

"Yes, right now. We thought he wasn't coming but he just showed up with your two biggest fans. Look, you promised you were gonna stay home this weekend. It's up to you to fix this Grayson." I heard someone say over the phone which I assumed it was his mum.

"Okay, just stall them. I'll be right there." Grayson replied and hung up, sliding his phone in his pocket.

"That might be a problem." David told him. 

"Um, my waiting room is filled with big guys with big cameras."

Oh God, please no.

"The paparazzi found me?" Grayson sighed and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "Okay..um..What kind of car you driving?"

"Ah, nothing you'll be interested in. I'm still paying out six years of medical school." David replied.

"Perfect, how about a trade?"

David sighed, "No."

"Only happen once." Grayson said holding up his keys.

"Fine."

___________

We got into David's car and drive out of The Hollywood's General Hospital and I could hear the exhaust of the car dragging on the road.

Suddenly, the car jolts forward with a bang and I squealed of fright. "Are you sure this is safe?!"

"Pretty sure." Grayson narrowed his eyes at me, the irritation visible on this face.

Well excuse me if i don't want to die.

The car banged again and I screamed holding my head. "I'm pretty sure it's not!"

"Just calm down, okay." He said, weirded and freaked out.

"I don't wanna calm down. I want to go home, okay?!" I responded, throwing the ice pack at him.

He was getting on my nerves.

"Ow! What is wrong with you?" He exlaimed, pain on his face.

"What is wrong with me? Nothing, nothing, I'm looking forward till I'm grounded till I'm thirty."

"Is that why you're so crabby?"

"I am not crabby!" I glared at him.

"Oh, not crabby? Defensive." Grayson raised his eyebrows.

"I am not defensive." I replied angrily.

"See you disagree," He looked at me quickly before turning his attention on the road. "with everything I say."

"I do not!" I fought back, my voice rising.

"Do too!" He rose his voice too.

"Just take me home!"

"I will!" His voice close to a shout. "But first we need to make one teeny, tiny little stop."