The 71st Hunger Games

1.

I believe that everything the Capitol does is to hurt us, not to improve our community, or the overall presentation of our glorious country, Panem. Yes, I actually beleive that the Capitol's parlament, if they even have one, because maybe President Snow just decides who he will kill in June and who will be tortured in the late July, is filled with Morons who wear wigs and talk in their funny accent. 

Nobody in District 7 truly believes in the Capitol- We leave that to the Districts 1, 2 and 4. Even though we are forced to think that everything related to the sparkling city of Panem, and yes, literally sparkling, when we are safe at home or deep in the woods, we question their politics. 

And so we question the Hunger Games.

I spent all my life watching kids die at young or old age, freezing, starving, dying of dehydration or being murdered by their fellow tributes. Yes, pack 24 children into a horrible arena with deadly weapons, dangers such as wild animals or poisoned food, and there we have our happy annual Hunger Games. Hooray.

All this darts through my head as I raise my axe, and slam it into the tree with all my power. I am extremely satisfied that I can use the axe nearly as good as my grandfather, which is quite a talent with my 15 years. The tree only has a few dents in the wood, for I just started. This is the first tree I have just for me to chop, and I still feel the red in my cheeks, being all proud of it. It would have been a perfect day, if there hadn't been this shadow approaching, happening this afternoon. 

The reaping, where the capitol draws it's new toys of entertainment.