Chapter 6: Ghost Forest Competition

An Bing Qing began to prepare all kinds of dishes after her morning grooming. Bing Nan many times had to help her for burning herself as she was drowsy; she didn't sleep a bit!

Around two hours went slowly.

"Master, will the dishes be sent to Patriarch's courtyard?" Bing Nan asked while she folded some snacks.

"Hmh, let me think... Bing Er and Bing San", she beckoned two well-bred servant girls clad in grey.

"Here", a unison answer was heard.

"Bing Er, you go and told father and grandfather to go to eldest brother's backyard. His backyard has osmanthus trees, they like more that fragrance than the one pear trees has in mine".

"Bing San, you take some people and go to arrange things in eldest brother's backyard".

"Aye", both answered and left.

An Hong was surprised at the sudden invitation but he was even more happy. It had been a week since he had tasted her daughter's craft. Her daughter had become really skilful; the cooks were no match for her now.

A quarter of an hour later An Hong reached his eldest son backyard, as he entered he saw An Bing Qing dressed all in white placing beautiful appetizers down along two little maidservants. She turned her head and caught a glimpse of him.

"Daddy, you are here. Come and sit".

"Qing'er, you have always hated being awakened so early. You surprised daddy very much".

"Heh heh, as daddy may guess, Bing Qing has some things to do later. The main dish isn't ready yet; have some snacks first. Bing Qing made them tasty".

An Hong took seat and picked some snacks, "Sure, sure, everything Qing'er makes is delicious. Right, your grandfather entered secluded cultivation as well, and won't be coming out soon".

"Ah. Bing Er just told me". She already knew it. This also happened in the past. Her grandfather was an old man already, if he didn't break through the peak Mundane Core to Soul Seed in ten years, he will die. She was lucky enough in the past and was able to extend his lifespan for another ten years but he still failed to break through and died. This was why she wasn't considered as someone with a solid background, Mundane Core cultivators still have a mortal lifespan; even a Middle Clan was a little something as a Soul Seed cultivator can live for two hundred years which allowed its clan to be more stable.

"Sigh, the pill I got back then was a three-earth pill but I first need to get the Green Nether Flower. In three more years it will bloom in that place. This time as well, I need to persuade daddy to let me go to pick the Purple Heart Seeds at Snow Beasts Mountain Range with eldest brother and Elders. If this time I also can get the Forming Soul Seed Pill for grandfather, it will be great but that is a four-earth pill. Hmh..."

An Hong saw her daughter's serious face and said, "You don't be sad; when your grandfather exits, he will be more powerful".

"Oh! That's right; there is also that other issue".

"Daddy, if eldest brother broke through early Mundane Core; will he participate in the Ghost Forest Competition this time?" She said as she served some tea.

"Hmh, well... Oh! What a rich essence!"

"It seems that is ready". She turned around and got up. She served An Hong herself while Bing Nan served her.

"It is lotus soup with tanned-hen meat. I also made a really good dessert but that will come later. Daddy, you try it".

Meal time passed quietly, it wasn't because there was nothing to talk about but the atmosphere was so pleasant that even the servants were afraid to break it. Just like that, the little mulberry pies served at the end were almost finished, she opened once again after taking a sip of tea, "Daddy, about the Ghost Forest Competition..."