Chapter One The Business Deal

~Archer's P.O.V~

The smell of a lovely spring morning and the sweet secant of the town's people's cooking lingered in my nose as I walked into my workshop. It was a beautiful morning. I held all my stuff wadded into a ball as I walked over to the fireplace, right where the my homemade drying rake laid. I set my clothes of the floor. First I picked up the black cape and draped it over the rack. Then I held the mask. I looked at it as it sat in my hands. I looked at it, remembering everything from last night. Mostly the end, when the flames broke loose. Screams and cries filled my head as I closed my eyes.

I set the mask down as I walked over to my table and picked up my still blood stained sword. I held it as I steadied my hand. It was a magnificent weapon. Perfect balance, silky smooth, the gleaming silver that made kings jealous. I had crafted the weapon myself. I smiled as I lunched forward thinking of all those kills.

'Wait what are you thinking Archer?' My mind rang as I dropped the sword. What was I thinking. I brought my hand up to my head and took a deep breath. This is not me, that is not me. I sighed as I bent down and picked my sword up. I held it firmly in my hand as I walked over to where my stool was, right next to the west window looking out at the forest. I took out my newly taken cow hid from my pocket and I whipped the blood off of the sword as it gleamed in the golden sunlight.

I am Archer, Archer the blacksmith. Though only some know that by night I sometimes become 'The Black Death' the assassin. I kill for a price.

My sword was whipped fully clean, and did it shine. I smiled as I set it down on the table and looked around my workshop. There was no King at the moment who wanted anything, no noblemen, and no clients for the Black Death yet either. Pity. I sat down at the table and leaned back, bring my feet to rest on the table top. I might as well take a nap if I am going to be lost to boredom. I closed my eyes about to fall under the spell of sleep.

-----Knock------Knock-----Knock----

I fell to the floor, startled by the knocking sound. I looked around seeing no one, it must be the door. I got up and dusted the dirt off of myself as I walked towards my door to see who would be disturbing me. I had a small crack in my door that I had to make to peak out. I peaked through it seeing a tall man, he was not very strong looking. I'm not even sure if he ever used a sword before. Though he wore knights attire. His helmet was in his arms as his wavy dirty blonde hair covered his clean and smooth face. His small golden eyes peered around.

'Hello Blacksmith?" He called out loudly as he banged on the door again, almost startling me again. His banging got louder. "Blacksmith!" He yelled. I walked causally over to the fireplace grabbing my cape which was nice and dry. His voice was loud and dry. Maybe he was a nobleman. Maybe. I slide on my cloak and I walked to the door, but not before putting on my mask. I walked up to the door smiling.

"Archer is not here." I called out, making my voice lower and gruffer. I looked out the crack to see the man tremble, his eyes looked as if they wished they could see through the door. 'Assassin?" He asked, his eyes squinted as his eye brows furred together. "Yes." I hissed, he raised his hand as if to bang on the door. I took a quick breath, "What do you need?" I yelled. He set his helmet on the ground and cleared his throat. "I need your assistant Black Death, a kill must be done." He said, his voice was formal and cool. He talked of death as if we were at a ball, a topic that would spread around and a topic easy to talk about.

"Well why don't you come in my sir." I called out as I turned around and walked to the table I had been about to take a nap at. I grabbed my sword off of it and held it in my lap as I sat down. The man opened the door slowly looking around for a second. I smiled as I pulled a small knife from my belt. I held it and with my years of training I flung it across the room. Watching as it spiraled and finally hit the wall inches from the man. He jumped back almost falling on the ground. Though I had gotten his attention. He looked at me fear was written on his face clearly.

"My good sir, I am Sir Tybalt." He said bowing to me and clearing his throat again. I nodded my head. He looked up at me and the room became silent. "I need someone killed." He spoke as he quickly untied a large bag form his belt. He held it in his hands. He looked at me and threw it at me. I barely moved as I caught it. "What is it?" I asked as my eyes looked down at the bag. Sir Tybalt smiled, he was not scared anymore.

"Your payment." He plainly stated. I nodded my head again as I opened the bag and reached in pulling out a large red ruby the size of my fist. It was amazing. "You will get 10 more if you kill this person." He said as he brushed off his shoulders. I smiled at the ruby, it was beautiful. "So who will I be killing?" I asked as I looked up at him, my face still held it's smile.

"Tomorrow at late day there will be a festival in the castle of Demontive, in the South tower the person I need killed will be preparing for it. I need 'it' killed before the day of Sabbath." Sir Tybalt said as he itched his head. Sabbath was 3 days away. I nodded my head. "That can be done." I said looking back down at the ruby. It was so pretty. "How about you have the blacksmith come collect the rubies on the day after Sabbath at the castle of Leon. " Sir Tybalt said as he turned around towards the door.

"You might need this." He said as he threw the knife back at me. I held up my hand as I looked up at him, catching the knife perfectly. Sir Tybalt smiled; he had picked a perfect person. I kept looking at eh ruby as I stood up, well it's time to pack. Maybe, just maybe this could be my last killing. I hated it, ironically I was a brilliant almost perfect assassin. I have lived through all 284 of my kills. Each and everyone had been completed. This will be the last one. It will. I stood up taking off my mask as I kept my eyes frozen on the ruby.

*Mystery P.O.V*

I walked away from the house smiling. All was going according to plan. I put my helmet back on as I mounted my horse. We rode off as my plan replayed itself in my mind. The assassin will be helping me, oh his help will be great. My plain is almost fulfilled. Almost. Then the kingdom will.......

===========================================

Please tell me what you think.

I would really like to know.

Well I must be leaving

Kathleen