Royals

*READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END PLEASE!*

And we'll never be royals (royals). It don't run in our blood, that kind of lux just ain't for us, we crave a different kind of buzz. Let me be your ruler (ruler). You can call me queen Bee and baby I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule. Let me live that fantasy.

Chloe’s POV:

I stared at my report card frowning, “That bitch gave me a C+. I passed those last two tests with eighties; my average should be a freaking solid B.” I wanted to cry. Mom and I made a deal for me to bring my grade up to a B and have my GPA at least a 3.5 but with math and chemistry in my last semester, it wasn’t looking good. I was off by a whole point five, it wasn’t fair and there was no way in hell mom would let me go now. Mrs. Groff had singlehandedly ruined my whole summer.

Then again, Dad would be more than willing to convince mom, he had this perpetually guilty conscious that, I never used ever, would get me what I wanted. As quickly as that thought passed through my mind it was gone, I would never make my dad do something like that for my personal gain, it was already bad enough Lola was mad that he had gotten me the modeling job and the Audi Allroad, they were gifts of course, but she hated that he “spoiled” me. I set my report card down, sighing and kissing my dreams of following Against All Odds on their summer tour goodbye, and continued to curl my hair.

“And we'll never be royals. It don't run in our blood, that kind of lux just ain't for us, we crave a different kind of buzz. Let me be your ruler. You can call me queen bee and baby I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule. Let me live that fantasy” I sang softly, wrapping another section around the wand.

 “Chloe, shut up. Kade is here with his demon spawn.” Liam burst through my door, scaring me and causing me to drop my curling wand.

“Shit.” I grumbled, picking it up and glaring at my idiot brother, “Hey, next time knocking works. Can you just go back to college, like now?”

Liam smirked, “Not until August, you have four more months with me.”

 I sent him a withering look, “Yay.” I muttered sarcastically. I finished my hair quickly and went downstairs where my very enthusiastic father greeted me.

 “Princess,” his loud voice boomed, “You’ve gotten more beautiful since the last time I saw you.” He looked me over and I gave him a crooked grin.

“Daddy, you saw me yesterday.” I loved when he was in a good mood like this; it meant that Jocelyn had not given him any problems.

Dad kissed my forehead and smiled again at me, “Like I said, even more beautiful since the last time I saw you. How’s the car treating you?” He asked, his grey eyes beaming at me. That’s just how the “new” Kade Russo was, he joked, he laughed, he complimented. Mom and I had no secrets so I know all about the huge custody battle and I remember living in Los Angles for a short time but I guess the younger me repressed most of those memories because whenever someone brings it up, I don’t remember what they are talking about.

Dad still lived in LA and still had custody of me but he also had Lola, Jocelyn and I here in Ruth. I lived with my Mom the majority of the time mainly because once Lola hooked up with my dad, she went off the deep end, ruining her friendship with my mother and trying to convince my father that one daughter was enough and I already had a full family. Since then it’s been non-stop drama between her and my mom, even though mom was incredibly civil and invited them to dinner with us every Sunday.

“Chloe, move it or lose it.” Adam said, brushing past me with a bowl of mashed potatoes.

“Hey, simmer down ghost rider. What’s got your panties in a twist?” I joked.