Chapter 6: I Have To Team Up With Him?!

I was drinking at the bar when some idiot came flying towards me. I used my intangibility so that he would go through me and hit the bar table.

I scratched my head in annoyance. 'Those idiots! I can never have a peaceful drink!'

I stood up to drink whatever's left in my glass upstairs when I heard a familiar yell.

"HEY, DANNY! FIGHT ME!!" A pink haired fireball shouted out before sending a flaming fist towards my way.

Ever since that kid, Natsu, joined the guild, all he's ever said to me was 'fight me'! Do I look like a 24 hour fighting machine to him?!

The reason I'm allowed any rest from him is his rivalry with Gray, which keeps him busy. I can't be in the same place as him for more than 5 seconds before he wants to fight me!

I sighed as I froze him in a giant block of ice and continued my way upstairs. Once I reached the top, I sat down on a table and looked at the S-class job request board for a possible mission as I drank.

'Hmm...what should I do? Recover a jewel in an ancient temple filled with traps and monsters...get rid of a giant beast...hm?'

I saw one that caught my eye. 'Save a village that's being terrorized by a dark guild?' I clenched my fists as certain memories came back to me.

It's always the same, isn't it? The strong stepping on the weak. Don't they have anything better to do?

'Vlad...Even though he's dead, I still hate that man more than anything! He ruined everything!'

I stood up and walked over to the request board and ripped it off. I walked downstairs to handed it to the master. "Hey, I'm going on this job."

Makorav narrowed his eyes as he looked at it. "Be careful, my boy. Another wizard from a different guild took that job request and went MIA not too long ago."

I nodded as I knew taking on an entire wizard guild wouldn't be easy. I was about to go out and ready when I heard the master talk to me again.

"Make sure you don't do something you'll regret." He called out to me with eyes that could pierce your soul. "You have that look again. The look in your eyes when your lost in a memory."

I looked down as I gripped on my clothes hard. A picture of Vlad came flashing in my mind again. I nodded stiffly as I headed out to the apartment I got when I had enough money.

On my way, I saw a familiar lightning head. I waved at him. "Hey, Sparky! What's up?! I heard you destroyed another building on your last job!" I mocked him.

Laxus sent an annoyed look my way before me softened his expression into a concern look. "Is everything all right? You seem like you're in one of your moments."

I laughed slightly as I gave up trying to hide anything from my rival. "How is it that you read me like an open book all the time?"

He sent an arrogant smirk my way. "It's because you let me read you every time. Either that or you're just really bad at hiding your expressions, which wouldn't surprise me one bit, Casper."

A tick mark formed on my head as a green aura flowers around me. "Are you trying to start something, Electric Brain?!"

A yellow aura crackled around Laxus as he sent a forced smile my way. "So what if I am, you dead beat?!"

Our auras clashed as things started to fly away from the wind from our power.

"Will you two cool it?!" Two giant fists came raining down on each of our heads. A sudden pain rushed through the both of us.

In unison, we held our heads as a numb formed and screamed, "OW!!"

We looked to the attacker and saw Master Makorav. "Gramps, what the hell was that for?!" Laxus and I screamed together.

The master expanded his head as a giant tick mark formed. "ARE BOTH OF YOU IDIOTS?!! YOU'RE IN PUBLIC!! IF I HADN'T STOPPED YOU, THE WHOLE TOWN WOULD BE GONE!!!"

We looked around as saw several scared civilians and twitched as we both completely forgot about our surroundings.

"Sorry." We both apologized quickly while continuing to glare at the other.

I looked at the old man curiously. "Why are you here, anyway, old man? Weren't you just in the guild?"

The master glared at us. "I felt the magic coming from both of you at the same time. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what was going on!"

Makarov pinched the bridge of his nose. "What am I going to do with the two of you?" He then had an evil smirk as he had an idea for a suitable punishment.

"For almost destroying an entire city, I want Laxus to go on the mission with you, Danny!" He pointed at us as he declared his announcement.

Both of ours eyes widened. "NO WAY! I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH HIM!!" We pointed at each other at the last part.

Makarov smirked. "I don't care! This is your punishment...unless you want that..." He emphasizes on the last word.

Laxus and I looked at one another and gulped loudly as a shiver when down our spine. We did NOT want to go through...that...

I crossed my arms as I looked away from the master. "F-fine! I'll let this idiot come with me!"

Laxus gritted his teeth. "Oh, I'm sure you'll need all the help you can get with your strength." He said as he put out an obvious fake smile.

The master only smiled in glee at their suffering. His eyes narrowed a little. 'With Laxus with Danny, it puts me more at ease that he's not taking down an entire dark guild all by himself. Be safe, my children. I have a bad feeling about this job.'

To be continued...