1

Chapter 1

Six months after the brutal war at Cross Academy...

One morning we had breakfast together in the dining room and Kaname called my attention to him.

'I would like to have a gala in your honor of coming out as the pureblood vampire princess, this coming weekend.'

'That would be great. I never really met anyone from our race before and will be nice to start meeting everyone.' I spoke as I smiled at him.

'Wonderful, I'll send out the invitations. I would also like to make it a special occasion if you'll let me.'

'What kind of special occasion?'

'Our official engagement as it was set with our parents.'

'Yes, of course, that would be great. You know it is still a little strange after all this time that I was completely in love with you Kaname, while I was still human.'

'To tell you the truth Yuki, every since father explained to me that you were my chosen future bride, I fell in love with you, over and over again. Every time I come home for school holidays. I would sit with you and read you stories when you were a still a baby. Then when you grew up, I just became more and more smitten with you.'

'Kaname.' I whispered, then got up from my seat and ran to him at the head of the table, as fall to my knees beside him. He looked down at me and smiled warmly at me.

'I really truly love you, Kaname Kuran.' I said holding his hand to my cheek.

'And I truly madly deeply love you, Yuki Kuran.' He said and pulled me to my feet and let me sit on his lap. We just stare at each other, we each know what the other is thinking. I bend down and he received my kiss eagerly. We pulled apart and we went to the den after we were done with breakfast. I was learning all my royal duties. Kaname thought me everything all the ins and outs of our vampire society. I was truly getting the hang of thing slowly but surely. The invitations for the gala where send out that very day and the preparations started for the ball on Saturday evening. We following day we started to receive confirmations of the attending parties that will be at the gala.