The Fey (Prologue)

My fairy tale is not simple. I am not a princess and I did not fall in love with a prince, nor did I have a Fairy Godmother. In fact, until just recently, I had absolutely no contact with Fairies.

The Pixies and Fairies have been bitter foes for centuries. The Fae Folk used to be united, the best of friends. They both followed the same way of life, both closely acquainted with nature. They helped influence the weather so plants could grow and they helped influence the fertility among the land. Earth was a completely lush and green planet, once upon a time.

Then the humans started to develop the land further than what the Earth could provide. The Fae Folk had to work twice as hard to protect the land that was being devistated by the ignorant humans.

But, soon the Fairies became interested in the humans' activities. They were tired of such primitive lives. They decided to follow the humans' way of life, living more "modern" and "acceptable" lives. They left the Pixies and their rightful home: nature.

They expected the Pixies to follow. They were joining a new, "better" way of living. So, naturally, the Pixies would want to join them, right?

The Pixies declined. They wanted to stay with their way of life. They needed to continue protecting the Earth. It was their job.

The Fairies were offended and angry that their so-called "friends" would abandon them just like that. They declared their friendship over, then the feud began.

It became much harder to tend to the land without the Fairies, but they continued on. Though it was more difficult, they still lived in peace.

That is, until the humans discovered them. The Fae Folk had been able to stay hidden from the humans, even when the Fairies joined their way of life. But once the humans discovered them, the war was waged.

The Fairies made an alliance with the humans in order to save their own skins. They then saw the perfect opportunity. They convinced the humans that the Pixies were evil and vile creatures that were out to destroy the planet. Foolishly, the humans believed them.

Then the Fae Hunter business again. It is a business dedicated to capturing and/or killing any Pixie or rogue Fairy they come across.

The world is now a dangerous place for my people.

I am Felix Ghiaccio and I am a Pixie. This is my story.