Don't Mess With BFFs

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to all the wonderful idiots I call my friends😘
....

"Nahin milna mujhe kisi se"

Mukthi cut the call fuming. Her mother always managed to irritate her to her limits. She was angrily gulping down vodka shots when Alia found her "Mukti yaar take it easy. Tujhe achanak kya hogaya? Is everything alright?" She asked taking the glass away from her hands.

" No yaar nothing is alright." Mukthi said her eyes blazing. "Mom. She's driving me nuts. Har bar kisi na kisi ladke se mujhe milane ki koshish karthi. Mujhe shaadi nahin karni. Why can't she just get that? I am single and I am happy. Mujhe pyaar vyaar ke chakkar mein aur nahin padna. Main jaisa bhi hoon khush hoon. Mujhe na kisi ki zaroorat hain aur na kabhi hoga." She said trying to take another glass but Aliya kept it out of her reach.

" Calm down meri sherni. We all know how capable you are. Tumhe kisi ko kuch bhi prove karne ki zaroorat nahin hain. Aur rahi baat kisi ki saath ki toh hum haina. We are the fab5, we'll always be there for each other." Aliya said giving her a fist pump.

Mukthi's frown slowly disappeared and corners of her mouth twitched to an almost smile " haan so toh hain"

Just then the doors burst open to a furious Manik charging in like an angry bull into a room. A few seconds later a tearful Nandini followed who shut herself in another.

" Ab kya kiya iss gadhe ne?" Mukthi said shaking her head.

All the cupids looked at each other bewildered. This was definitely a code red situation. Navya and Arohi followed Nandini to console her. Maya had left early. Soha had dragged away a reluctant Aryaman to drop her home and all that remained were the rest of the fab5.

"Okay. Looks like our plan has backfired. Badly. We'll have to think of something else asap." Cabir said massaging his head.

"Nahin Cabir. Ab tere plan se kuch nahin hone wala. Mujhe pata hain isse kaise samjhana hain." Mukthi said with an angry determined look on her face while folding her sleeves.

Dhruv's eyes widened "Mukthi yaar violence is not the solution"
Mukthi gave him a glare which shut him up.

"But Mukthi.." Aliya tried but she was halfway to Manik's already.

"Angry Manik v/s drunk Mukthi. I'm so going to enjoy this one." Cabir said with a mischievous smirk, rubbing his palms together.

They heard something crashing in the room upstairs. Dhruv winced.

Alya on the other hand went hands on hips angry. " I swear if he breaks my favorite flower vase from Paris, I will not spare him."

Bechara Manik!
.....

Manik was shaking with fury. He had bared his heart to Nandini and yet... yet she didn't tell him the truth. She said she needed time, as if five years weren't long enough. He was hurt badly and the only way he knew how to deal with it was to get angry. His hands found a flower vase nearby and was about to throw it down when someone caught his forearm stopping him.

Manik looked around to see Mukthi glaring at him with equal intensity. " What? Ghoor kya rahe ho?" she asked.

"Mukthi.." he said taking deep breath and trying to reign in his anger "just leave. I want to be alone right now. "

" 5 saal tumhe akela chod diya ab aur nahin. Bahut hogaya tera" she said taking the flower vase forcefully from his hands and keeping it aside. "aur haan tera yeh ghoorne se na, main nahin darne waali. I've seen your tantrums from the time when we were in LKG so you can give it a rest, alright. Now sit down."