Entry to the NEW world!!

Hey!! peeps. This is gonna be my first story so I hope you enjoy. And this was only possible because my friend writeon27 helped me edit this. Kay so enjoy. Hope you like it !!!!

MOVING ON

First day at school.  I believe every teenager knows how much that sucks and especially in my case.  My dad and mom had gotten divorced when I was six and Viraj , my brother was two.  And from that time onward, we stayed without my father, but I always had a loving relationship with my dad.  Though I even tried to ask them the reason for their split up, I never found out the answer, so I would just give up and not try to annoy them. 

Staying in abroad had always been my dream since I loved watching English movies and most of them included high school, but I somehow didn’t feel the urge to get moved to one now.  I mean, I was sixteen.  That meant that I had spent ten years in India.  I had so many friends that I didn’t want to leave behind, but I had to go and stay with my dad for the next few years.  It had been the deal my parents decided on. 

All I could do was sigh.  I mean, India is a country full of traditions and cultures, but there are way too many restrictions for the children as well.  Settling in abroad, I felt that my parents would gradually develop a cooler attitude toward me and my younger brother.  I mean, I would be allowed to have boyfriends; a certain freedom would be given to me.  I wouldn’t have to hesitate when I spoke the word boys in front of my parent, would have late night parties, and could wear shorts anytime and anywhere.  I mean, life would be so much fun. 

And I knew it was going to because my dad had always been a cool person to talk and hang out with.  He never interfered in my personal life, which is a very good habit and most fathers don’t possess.  My mom I was a bit strict, but you couldn’t blame her. 

I was living in my own world of fantasies and dreams until I realized that life is way more beyond that.  As I recalled, the scenes that I had experienced earlier that day in school.

Beep, beep!  Gosh!  Why on earth did people invent alarm clocks?  I mean, what was its use?  Well…okay!  It has its uses, sure. 

The sun rose high and shined right on my face.  My room was the neatest of all rooms until now.  It had beautiful marble flooring with a huge bed, one which I had always dreamed of, and a glass window. 

I sighed.  So today was going to be one of the most memorable days of my life.  It was going to be my first day in my new school, but one thing had been pricking me deep inside.  Will the people like me or not?  I mean, this was my first year in a coed school.  In India, I had always been in boarding, so I kind of hated the idea of going to a coed school.  My dad had no choice.  I now had to deal with the ‘crack heads’ or as we call them, boys. 

So as most parents do, my dad dropped me off to school right in front of the gate, no matter how much I persuaded him not to do so.  He felt my safety was more important than the way people would look at me.  Gosh, I wish I could tell him.

 “Daddy, I am a grownup and we are not in India.”

“Yeah, Meera, I know that, but it’s your first day.  You know it has always been my dream to drop you off.  Plus, don’t forget to go to the principal’s office first.  You need to give him the papers.  And I hope you know your curfew,” he recited to me. 

“Yeah, Daddy, nine o’clock or no dinner.” 

“Good, now you’re good to go.  Have fun,” he said.

“Hope I will,” I said softly to myself. 

As I entered the school corridors, I could actually not stop smiling.  This was it.  This was my dream and I was living it.  Suddenly I heard someone call out my name.

“Meera!”

“Yep, that’s me!” I said joyfully. 

I saw a brunette along with another black haired girl staring at me. 

“Hi, I am Madison and this is my friend Alex,” she said.

“So how do you know me?” I asked.

At that, she replied, “Alex is the head of the new students and since you’re one of them, it’s our duty to make you feel that you belong here!  By the way, don’t worry.  Everyone knows about you here.  I mean, here there are barely any Indians, so you are probably going to be a hot topic!”

Wow.  I was actually shocked in a good way after listening.  I mean, what else can make you feel more happy when you actually start to feel like you belong somewhere? 

“It’s nice to know that,” I responded.  “I mean, first, I was scared to see all the new faces, bit it feel like there’s nothing to worry about.”

Okay!!!! So how was that??? I have written the 2nd chapter as well and will upload it soon. Guys, please do tell me if you like it cause it’s your encouragement that will help me writ e more. SO, please do tell me …All for now. Bye

Aakriti..!!!:)