Chapter Four

Sacrifice Chapter 4

*Sorry for the late update guys, bare with me here :$ hope you like the chapter!! :)

"Someone was hurt before you, wronged before you, hungry before you, frightened before you, beaten before you, humiliated before you, raped before you... yet, someone survived... You can do anything you choose to do." -Maya Angelou

I ran towards the pack house in a hurry, ignoring the questioning stares directed my way. Bursting through the door, I looked frantically for Alpha Gould. Turning back, I caught a sniff of his scent. It probably is very strong seeing that my senses were terrible, even in wolf form.

Following my nose, I reached a clearing. With the woods to the right and the creek to the left, it was surrounded by tall, unkept grass. Tired after the search for Alpha, I sat down.

Alright, I have low stamina Kay?

I scowled, mad for my lack of body fitness. He's scent was everywhere, it was like he ran around all over the place. The morning sun peeked through the clouds as the warm rays of sunshine blanketed over me as I leaned back and stared into the sky. Soon, I fell asleep.

Or almost asleep anyways.

Just as I began to drift off, I woke to the feeling of someone calling my name. Soon it turned into yelling and I woke with a start. Staring into the angry eyes of Alpha Gould, I gulped. Standing up quickly, I looked up toward him. I was small for my age in height and sadly made it up for weight.

This isn't going to be good.

"Did you have a nice nap?" his voice tight and controlled, like he was afraid to snap any moment. I couldn't tell if he was mocking me or was it an rhetorical question so I didn't answer.

"Answer me, pup." he growled

Well, so much for rhetorical question.

"I was looking for you, I followed your scent here and it was everywhere so I sat and waited. Falling asleep in the process...sir." my voice was quiet and wavering.

Do not show fear. Do not show fear, I chanted in my head as he stared into my eyes. I stared back, defiant as ever.

Into the eyes of a broken man, of anger and hate. The only thing keeping him sane was his duty as Alpha. I lowered my eyes, surrendering. Not wanting to cause an argument of some sort.

Clearing his throat, "Well, you were late and I don't think Jesse has showed you anywhere but your motel room. So do enlighten me on what was more important then training it's your Alpha?"

I gulped, he knows. Oh boy, he knows Jesse spent the night! I slapped myself internally, obviously he knows Waverley. Jesse is he's son, how can he not know?

Suddenly, a flood of memories trickled back. The pain, the blood and the rejection of Corey and Adrianna filled my mind. All my happy or somewhat content mood gone, tears threatened to spill from my eyes as I bit my lip.

Taking a deep breathe and not meeting Alpha Gould's eyes, I began. "My mate, he-" my voice broke as more tears rushed forward. I struggled to keep them in, as I felt a tear fall from my eye. He was staring at me, gaze softening; nodding for me to continue.

Taking another breathe I tried again, "He mated with another."

A flicker of emotion flashed before his eyes, nodding he turned away. I hastily wiped the tears away, angry for not being able to control myself in front of people. I paused, thinking of Jesse. Should I tell him?

Pursing my lips, I thought about him.

No.

It's not mine to share.