Ch. 19- Disappeared

"It's a mad world, I tell you, but nothing compares to the madness in her."

***

We were so close. So close to leaving and getting out of this city. Of the suffocating that is our loved ones.

Sebastian was standing the doorway, waiting for one of us to answer. To tell him something. But the two of us didn't.

"Are you going to answer my question, or just going to make me assume the worst?" he asked.

I clenched my teeth. "Brother, stop worrying." Ellie said, moving past him.

"We were going out for a stroll," I said.

I walked past him and I felt his gaze follow me. Like what he said earlier had been lost in his memory. As I was about to walk down the steps, he grabbed my wrist. And he wasn't gentle this time.

"I can tell when you are lying, Elora." he seethed. "Where are you two going?"

I almost forgot that this is who he really is. Someone who gets mad easily. Someone who kills his ex-girlfriends because they betrayed him.

"Away from you," I said finally. I let my immortal strength take hold and control me. The powers within me started heating up, which made Sebastian let go of me suddenly. His dark eyes were widened as he realized what I did to him.

In a quick flash, I placed both of my hands on his neck and twisted it until it snapped. He fell to the ground instantly.

Ellie was the one that spoke first. "I have been waiting for you to do that for months!" she said with excitement. "Thank you for that!"

I laughed and turned around to see Ellie smiling. The limo was in the front and we got in as fast as we could. The driver started driving as he asked where we are going.

Ellie just looked at me, her eyes questioning to see where I wanted to go.

I raised an eyebrow. "New York?" I asked. "Los Angeles?"

Ellie turned her head and spoke to the driver. "We are going to need to get some stuff at my apartment first. We are going to New York if you don't mind."

"Of course, Your Majesty." the driver whispered finally.

It didn't take long before we were at her apartment. One I didn't know she had until just now. The car parked at the complex just below, in which Ellie opened the door.

"I'll be right back," she told me.

"Bring me clothes too," I said to her loudly.

She glanced at me then, her lips turning into a smile. "Of course,"

"Nothing too inappropriate or I'm going to kill you," I said.

Ellie got out of the car. "No you won't," was all she said before disappearing from sight.

I was left in the car, silence filling in the room when my phone buzzed. I hadn't realized it was my pocket. I turned on my phone to see a message from my friend, Jackson.

ELORA, I SWEAR TO GOD, COME BACK HOME. YOU'RE NOT SAFE TO ANYONE.

I crushed my phone in half, not wanting anyone tracking us with our cell phones. Or for anyone finding out what we are doing.

Within minutes, Ellie got back into the car with a suitcase full of what I assumed was clothes.

"It looks like word is spreading on us," I explained, holding up the pieces of the phone in my hand. "Sebastian must have healed himself by now,"

Ellie rolled her eyes. "My brother and his inability to act like a normal vampire," she said with annoyance. "No, he always has to be the most powerful one all the time,"

"Agreed," I whispered.

The limo started driving again and I rolled the tinted windows down. I dropped my cell phone out and never looked back.

***

My eyes widened as I woke up, my neck throbbing from pain. I stood up and looked around to spot them, but they were nowhere to be seen. "Damn it," I said mostly to myself. 

I need to get Elora and my sister back. Now. Or else they will cause chaos everywhere they go. And I wasn't about to have them expose us to the world. Or worse, have them killed for it. 

I walked back inside Margot's house as I got my phone out from my pocket. My neck was already healed, but the blood in my body was boiling to the point that I could hear it. I was angry, and nothing will diminish it if I don't find them.

"Olly," I said through the phone. He and Grace were still at the nightclub, getting rid of the bodies. 

"What is it?" he asked with no emotion in his voice. 

"They're gone," I admitted. "I caught them trying to run away and tried to stop them, but Elora snapped my neck."

"Shit." I could see Oliver trying to contain his own anger. Not only because it wasn't just my girlfriend that disappeared, but Ellie, the girl he still loves. 

I ran my fingers through my hair but didn't say anything. I was still trying to understand what just happened. Elora broke my neck. She killed me. And she didn't think twice about it. Maybe she is gone forever. Maybe she is the Fae that everyone warned me about over and over again. 

"I'll call all of my contacts, Sebastian," Oliver said after a few seconds. "You do what you have to do to get them back," 

"We will, even if we have to drag them by their hands and feet, we will," I said. I looked around the house to see if anyone was here. If Jackson or Margot was here. But they weren't, unfortunately. "You tell Grace what happened and meet me at the bookstore," I told them.

"What about Elora's family?" he asked finally. 

"Don't tell them anything. I do not want them to know what happened right now," I said.

"Okay," was all he said before ending the call. I placed the mobile phone back in my pocket when I heard a noise from the kitchen. Footsteps. 

I used my speed to rush over there, not thinking of who it is. Just that they are in this house, with the King of Vampires. With me.

Once I got to the kitchen, my teeth clenched. It was a man, but he wasn't facing me. In fact, he didn't notice that I was in here with him. Or he didn't care. 

I made a step, which got the strangers attention. He turned around, and that's when I recognized him. Or what I heard about him. His dark hair that was messily placed on his head, olive skin, and eyes that were made for killing. Ben. Segovia's brother.

All he was give me a sinister smile. I have not seen him nor heard of him since everything happened between his sister and me. I almost forgot about him because he was so estranged with his family. Segovia only told me about him only once.  

"It's nice to see you again, Sebastian," he said with grace. He tilted his head. "Although, I am a little angry that your new girlfriend looks like my sister,"

I glared at him. He was the one that cursed her. And Ellie. For what I did to his sister. For what I did to his family. 

"Are you really this stupid? Or do you have a death wish?" I questioned. I clenched my fist and I could feel them growing white. 

"Neither. I came here to tell you-" but I cut him off. I didn't care why he came here. Ben tortured Elora. And I was going to kill him.

I lunged at him and used my fist to punch him on the face, the bone in his nose breaking and blood spraying everywhere. 

***