Adopted by The One and Only (One Direction)

Hey guys. I'm warning you right now, I'm not THAT great a writer. I just hope you guys enjoy this and I'll try my best to write long chapters. I'll try to update often okay??

Alright, here it goes, chapter one.

Wait for it...

Waaaaaait for it...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaait for it...

BAM! Here it is...

Chapter One

Amanda's POV

A big, fat, salty tear fell made it's descent down my bony cheek. I silently watched a little girl from my window. She was walking with her parents, jumping excitedly as they moved in the direction of a toy store. Oh how I envied her.

"Amanda?"

"Yeah?" I whispered, barely audible.

"Do you think I'm ever gonna get adopted?"

I turned to my roommate who sat on her weak mattress, facing the wall.

"I- I don't know. But Jess? I ask myself the same question over and over everyday."

Jess turned and giggled a little. Tears streamed down her face, "Really?"

"Yeah." I gulped and sat next to her.

She lay her head on my shoulder, " You know Amanda, that's the most I've ever heard you say at once." she hiccuped.

I sat there silently. Then I stood up.

"I've never trusted anyone. That's why I don't talk much. Jess, I've been in this room with you long enough to trust you."

She smiled. Then, she said, "I'm gonna go get some dinner, you coming?"

I shook my head. She frowned.

"I'll bring you something to eat." she said.

Jess, Jessica, was 14, like me. But, while I had straight, ugly brown hair, she had gorgeous red curls. While I had boring brown eyes, she had kind green eyes. She always had a smile on her face while I usually had a frown. She's the only one who has seen me smile since my parent's death. She hardly ever cried. But, today was the fifth anniversary of her arrival at the Oak Street Orphanage. No wonder she was crying. I had cried too,but I cried all the time. But I had only arrived here a few months before she did.

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else," sang Jess as she carried a piece of chicken and a slice of bread and placed it on my lap, meaning it was for me.

"The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed." She sang, whipping her hair.

Did I forget to mention she was very active, playful, and silly?

"But when you smile at the ground it's not hard to tell!"

And that she was obsessed with One Direction?

I was in deep thought when she pulled me up from the bed and spun me around.

"You don't know, oh oh, YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!"

I cracked up. Suddenly the loudspeaker went on.

"Amanda Rose Jones? Come down here. You're being adopted."

Ugh...! I know this is really short but this is just the starter chapter. They'll get longer, I swear!!

Oh and I apologize if in the future I keep you waiting FOREVER for a chapter. Alright enough of my rambling. You guys probably are just skipping this anyway...

See ya!

~OceanGirl152192