chapter sixteen

s h a n e

a/n: i apologise in advance

'fuck me, my head is pounding.' i complained under my breath, stretching as much as i could despite the fact a body was laid across my stomach. from my curled up position on garrett's living room couch, i squinted my eyes at the scene around me. the majority of the people from last night had left, only those who were close to us left over, laid amongst the empty red solo cups.

joey and daniel were sprawled across the love seat, limbs intertwined, long and messy bedhead hair in a purple disarray. drew was slumped against the side of the sofa, snoring softly with the majority of the buttons on his shirt undone. dan and phil were both on the couch, the smaller brunette boy nestled into the arms of his counterpart, who had his face buried in his shoulder blades.

ryland, however, caught my eye in particular. he was laid on the carpeted floor on his back, hair messily brushed upwards, a bottle of vodka cradled in his hands. his eyes, a soft baby blue, blinked slowly, vision not faltering from the plain white ceiling in which he was staring at.

'go back to sleep.' garrett groaned from on top of me, not even opening his eyes, blonde hair tickling the stubble on my chin. glancing at the clock, i checked the time. it was ten past eleven in the morning, and my mom needed her car three hours ago.

'fuck, fuck,' i muttered, pushing garrett off the couch. he hit the ground with a groan, stretching and causing ryland to snap out of his reverie. 'everyone who's getting a lift with me, wake up. now.' i said loudly, staring in the mirror with tired eyes as i looked at all the hickeys down my neck.

joey and daniel begun to stir, sighing as they muttered under their breath. i rushed around the house trying to find my phone, my head aching with every move. at this point, i'd checked everywhere, but the only places i'd been was the kitchen and the lounge. i had no reason to go anywhere else.

wondering if maybe someone had picked it up by accident, i decided to check upstairs, heading towards garrett's bedroom door. i clicked open the handle, eyes captivating on my iphone 7 which lay buried on his desk, next to the plain white walls.

shit.

i breathed in sharply as he pulled my boxers down, looking up at me through glossy eyes, making me whip my head back in satisfaction. my hands tangled into his hair as i pushed his head down, little moans escaping our lips.

images started flashing through my head and i winced at the memories. was i really that wasted? at least no one noticed. even if i was off my face, i would remember someone walking in.

it had been a while since garrett and i had hooked up. sometimes it was a physical thing, and we were both just horny and bored, other times it was an emotional thing where we were both just sad and insecure, but it was okay because we trusted each other.

i pressed my home button and the screen lit up, revealing a flurry of missed calls and texts from my mother, along with my father, as well as being tagged in multiple instagram and facebook posts. the time, displayed at the top of my phone, reminded me that with each minute i was getting into deeper shit.

i ran down stairs and into the lounge. ryland hadn't moved, still staring at the ceiling, bottle still in hand. i was still kinda upset about what he said yesterday. i was so wrong and naive to think we were ever something. phil was half awake, dan pressing soft kisses onto the base of his neck. garrett lazily grinned at me, whilst drew was still fast asleep.

'let's go mother fuckers.' i yelled, pulling dan and phil apart. as much as i'd love to leave them to do... whatever they were going to do, they had no way of getting home. they stumbled after me, whilst ryland exhaled deeply and threw the half full glass bottle to garrett. he struggled to catch it, clutching the neck with both hands and preventing it from breaking his nose. the blonde boy narrowed his eyes at ryland, who just stormed off after us.