Chapter 3: Seeing the Past

Kayden’s POV

I was left in looking into the shadows of the cell that the Element- Mika; second in command; was hiding. I still didn’t understand Zephyr. Him and his fucking riddles.

I see a flicker of light spreading near me. When I realised that it was fire; I immediately jumped back; remembering the dream I recently had.

“What? Is grumpy pants scared of a little bit of fire?” Mika’s voice mocked me; I was trying hard not to have my demon take over me. If I did; I do not know what the consequences would be.

I glared at the shadow; wondering what the female prisoner looked like. Kalika never showed me the prophecy- only Zephyr knew of it- seeing as he is a telepath because of his Demon. I could only see the evil things people have done; nothing more. But I could not sense anything evil that Mika had done. But I could sense evil things done to her.

“You going to answer my question asshole?” her voice brought me out of my thoughts as I growled at her.

“You wouldn’t understand.” Was all I said as I took a step closer to the cell.

Mika’s POV

He stepped into the light; showing his features for the first time. His short brown hair complemented his chiselled face. He was big- not fat but broad and muscular; his armour was not as it should be; long sleeved chain mail down to the knees, leather gloves.

 But my heart stopped when I looked at his eyes. Blue-green pools like the ocean reflected my life- remembering the things I have done.

Learning to kill and control my element fire.

Killing soldiers that failed to protect Element fortresses.

Watching Peyton try to kill Ignatius for helping Kayden- all that time I never saw him.

Loathing Demon Angels from the start- not knowing why I had to hate them with a passion; only listening to Peyton’s orders.

Failing to look out for myself.

I gasp and look crept a little bit closer to Rage. He looked at my shadow confused on my inhale of breath.  I stood up and looked back into his eyes. This time instead of looking into my past- I saw his.

Kayden as a child- holding his dying mother before stabbing his murderous father.

Kayden being offered a place in the Heavens for being a warrior of justice- only killing those who deserved to be killed. Criminals.

Kayden standing next to Mateo and the other Angels at the most hidden place in the Earth- finding the Forsaken Box. Wanting power- Kayden opened the box- giving the Angels around the evil of the Demons. They were now proclaimed as the Demon Angels; tainted by Demons that aren’t always there. They were banished from the Heavens to live on the Earth like humans; though they were immortal.

Kayden’s demon- Rage possessing him; killing innocent people. This brought the declaration of war from the Elements and Peyton. he killed for survival; but was always angered by his actions of killing.

Punishing himself for his demon taking over his body and killing the innocent. Whipping scars covered his back; sometimes still red raw.

Angered and worried about the prophecy Kalika told him that she foresaw; but not showing it to him. Then the dreams. The unknown girl that intrigued him.

And that female was her.

By that stage I was right up against the cell looking down sweating. I didn’t know any of those things in the past; why the Elements were formed; and what happened. I didn’t realise that his hand was on my throat until he lifted my body off the ground and flung me back into the shadows. His voice came out as a rumble that shook the walls.

“What the fuck did you do to me?”

“I didn’t do anything; that was you.” That wasn’t the whole truth. I didn’t know who was to blame for seeing the past.

“Then how did ‘I’ show you my past and I show them as well?”

“How the fuck would I know? Get the cryptic asshole Zephyr and maybe you can get your answers.” I retort to the angered Demon Angel.

“You don’t need Zephyr to give you the answers.” A soothing but chilling voice filled the room as a robed female came down the stairs.

“What’s going on Kalika?” Kayden asked; black covered his eyes before disappearing again. He’s close to losing control of his demon. Shit! But thinking of what Truth said earlier made me wonder about the second prophecy of me.

“I swear if you fucking say we’re soul mates or some crazy mystical bullshit along those lines; I will kick your ass.”  

Lovely way to end the chapter!

I'M SO SORRY THAT IT HAS TAKEN SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the pic on the side is Katie McGrath; who is casted as Mika.... next chapter I'll post up a pic of Kalika