three

(quick a/n): this story may not look familiar to you but i changed the title and cover. this book used to be called is there somewhere.

-

Ashton paced back and forth across the disgusting green carpet that covered the floor of the motel room. He could faintly hear footsteps approaching the door but payed no mind to them. The police officer on the other side raised his hand from his side and knocked on the door of the flummoxed teenage boy.

The owner of the run-down motel had called them for a visit after various complaints about screaming in the middle of the night and constant sound of walking.

Ashton jumped, startled at the sound of knocking when he had had no contact with anyone in the past two weeks. Slowly, he made his was over to the door and opened it, the creak echoing throughout the room. The office had a look of concern on his face when he looked at the disheveled Australian.

"Are you alright lad?" The officer calmly asked.

"Peachy." Ashton replied.

The officer decided that it was best for the young man to come with him and see a doctor. As they entered the car, the two engaged in small talk to fill the awkward silence and to calm Ashton's nerves. A good half an hour later the pair entered a hospital and the officer bid his farewells.

Ashton patiently queued in the waiting room, sneaking glances at the headlines on the newspapers around him. One caught his eye rather quickly,

Family killed by deranged Nanny, Older son missing.

His heart hurt after being reminded of the incident that had occurred just weeks before.

"Ashton Irwin?" A lady dressed in a nurses uniform called out. He quickly stood up, and followed her to a room where he was asked to sit on the bed while she checked vital things such as blood pressure and his heartbeat. As the results turned out okay, the nurse left the room and he was alone yet again as he waited for the doctor to arrive.

-

THIS TOOK FOREVER I AM SO SORRY. AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100 READS. AND I SUCK AT DIALOGUE SO I'M TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT AS I GO. FEEDBACK WOULD BE WONDERFUL.