That's My Seat.

A/N: I'm not really sure the what's abouts with the UK schooling schedules, so I'm just gonna do whatever. Sorry if you're not American, I just thought it would be an interesting joke replayed through the story.

Year: 1958

Here I was, sitting along side a couch where my grandmother lays, watching her have a hard time breathing. I just wish I could make her better. We don't know what she's sick with, but we're very worried that she won't get any better.

After rubbing her hand and talking with her for a while, I went into the text room in her house to sit down, i watched the cloudy sky. England is a very depressing place, I think.

My mother comes in looking as sad as I am. She goes on and breaks some awful news to me.

"Wait. We're not flying back to America?" I asked in disbelief, standing up looking at my mother, making us eye level.

What about my friends? Teachers? Love interests? Studies?

"(Y/N), we have to take care your your Grandmother. She doesn't have much longer." She said almost whispering, here eyes becoming red.

I furrowed my eyebrows looking down at my feet. What was I supposed to do now? I have to start my life all over again.

"Our belongings will be here in a matter of days." My mother added "You'll be starting school tomorrow as well. I don't want you to miss out on studies." She said squeezing my shoulder, and leaving the room.

I slumped back into my chair, looking out of the window again, almost in shock.

It was almost 8:30pm and I was emotionally tired.

I cried myself to sleep that night, I felt horrible.
I want to go home.

The next morning, my mother gently woke me up blabbing about going to school, first day, dress nice, don't be late, and new friends.

And so it begins.

I sat up in bed, adjusting to where I was, and what happened yesterday. I felt immediately sad. I walked to the bathroom of my Grandmother's house and looked in the mirror. Looking at my unruly hair, and puffy eyes.

Ugh.

I brush my teeth and hair, splashing water on my face hoping to tone down the puffiness in my eyelids from crying all night.

To no avail.

I got my school uniform on, and looked at myself once more in the mirror. It was a white long sleeve button up, plaid skirt, black knee high socks and black shoes. This outfit was horrible and cliche. We didn't have uniforms in America. This was just the topping on the "I want to go home" cake.

I met my mother who was already in the car.

She smiled, "You look so darling!" She said as we drove away from the house.

"Now, (Y/N), I won't be able to drive you to school or pick you up. So I'm driving you so that I can show you the way." She said acting innovative. "Smart, huh?" She smiled at me.

"Genius." I smiled back, making her feel special. Even though I was still upset.

Once we came up in a depressed looking building with depressed looking kids, I got out of the car, looking up at the depressed looking sky.

"Have a good day, sweetie!" She said turning the car around and driving off.

I turned to face the school.

Quarry Bank High School.

I started to walk towards the school. I went into the main office to receive my schedule for my classes.