Chapter 3

"Awww, c'mon. Don't make a guy who spent fifteen years in the SEALs drink a bunch of fruity girly-girl drinks," Luca sits beside you on the sofa. "Stay up with us for a bit," his voice has a raw quality to it. There's something about the deep tone and his rough timbre that awaken that feeling inside you again. The one that makes you want to gasp out loud as your pussy unexpectedly floods with a desire you've never experienced before.

"Yeah, I've spent enough time with this guy," Jesse eases down into the large leather chair flanking your other side, "trust me, I've heard all his stories. But you, well, you're a mystery I'd love to solve," he murmurs and that feeling grows. Your stomach twists up, but not in a bad way. It's like your longing is blooming through you. Like the little bud that's stayed closed with the promise of a gorgeous flower one day is finally unfurling.

Lizzy was right. This is going to be an adventure of firsts for you. It's only still the first night of your vacation and you're overwhelmed by an ache, a need, you've never known before. It's as if, up until now, you've spent your entire adult life in perpetual spring. Just forming your tastes and desires, but like that new bud, still too timid and too cautious to face them. Now, you can feel those petals opening up inside you. You're quickly approaching summer, and you like it.

"Oh, okay." You try to act dismissive. Not like the idea of just staying up drinking with these guys is tantalizing your senses and making you more drunk than a few glasses of booze ever could.

"Great," Jesse gives you a smile that's warm and sweet. It's like a perfect cup of hot cocoa, the kind with marshmallows melted on top that you sip slowly after being out in the frigid weather. It warms you slowly but steadily from your toes to your nose.

"Here, I'm guessing you're not a fan of that," Luca slides in a bit closer to you. His musk surrounds you like a billowy summer cloud.

You don't mean to breathe him in. Not as obviously as you do, anyway. He plucks the rum and coke from your hand and slides an empty glass in front of you.

"I was just teasing you about the drinks. Don't force yourself to choke that down, there's a whole slushy pitcher of margaritas here with your name on it." His hazel eyes twinkle as he fills your new glass to the top with the pink, icy drink.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it." He quickly flings his head back and downs the entire rum and coke he made for you in one huge gulp. He places the cup he drained on the table and picks up the other drink he made for himself.

You taste the margarita and are pleasantly surprised when the fruity mixture splashes over your tongue. Lizzy was right about the booze. Was she right about everything else too?

"So, Scarlett, tell me about yourself." Jesse leans back in his chair, getting comfortable. He nurses the dark drink in his hand.

"Umm, sure," you answer a bit too stiffly. "I'm from South Carolina, it was just me and mom growing up there," you start.

"You two must be very close," Luca interrupts.

"Yeah, we are," you agree. You don't want to get all sappy and spill your guts about how your mother is your hero. How she always put you first. How she worked her ass off to give you this life.

You realize you miss her. This is the first holiday or time off school you've ever had where it hasn't been the two of you. You remember that she's off in California with Mr. Weasley...er, Beasley. She told you that you're an adult now and that it was time to start living your own life.

Your gaze slides from Luca's sharp jaw and thick lips over to Jesse's intense blue eyes and thick hair. She's right. They're all right. This is your time. Now you've got to seize it.