The End of the Beginning

What's up, guys? This is just a preview of a story that I'm planning on writing! If you guys are interested, let me know and I'll get working on another chapter

What's up, guys? This is just a preview of a story that I'm planning on writing! If you guys are interested, let me know and I'll get working on another chapter. Also, check out my book Reaping Beauty if you haven't yet! It's still in progress, and it's likely I'll finish that guy first before I move onto this one. As always, thanks for reading!

-TRBL247

*************

"Look, I was on the run for years. It didn't do me any good until I stopped running. You might have to stop running," Trubel confessed to Josh.

Josh turned the page of one of the books in front of him and looked down at one of many gruesome drawings depicting a Hundjager. It still had bared teeth though its head wasn't attached to its body.

"You know, maybe I could start a new life somewhere else," Josh suggested, though he didn't like the idea. He already had a life that he worked hard to build, and he didn't want to give it up. Trubel looked up at Josh with a sarcastic expression. "You're serious?"

Josh shrugged. "I don't know what else to do. If I just moved to-"

"Where? Texas? Canada?" Trubel asked. "Josh, they came all the way from Vienna to find you. Wherever you go, they are going to follow you."

Josh glared at Trubel. "Thanks for the encouraging words."

"Sorry," Trubel said.

Josh slumped in his chair with a hundred-yard stare in his eyes.
"We could try to figure something else out," Trubel said, not sounding convinced.

"Really?"

"Yeah," Trubel said, sounding less sure the more she talked. "Maybe Nick could make up a case or something and get you into witness protection."

Josh shook his head. "I don't want witness protection," he pouted. "I just want my life back."
"At least you have a life to get back to," Trubel said. "That's one step ahead of me," she said grumpily.

Suddenly, Trubel gazed at Josh with a thoughtful expression. Josh stared back at Trubel with a hopeful look on his face.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" she asked Josh.

"We're going to Philadelphia," he said, looking excited.

Trubel sighed as a worried look crossed over her face. "Yeah. We are."

Josh stood up quickly, slamming the Grimm book shut; he didn't think he needed it anymore. "This is great," he said. "We'll go back. You kill the Hundjagers. I get my job back, and my house!" he listed happily.

"Yeah," Trubel said. She sounded like she wasn't paying attention to Josh anymore.

Josh grabbed the car keys from the table next to them. "Let's get out of here. We have to go tell Nick-"